cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hydraulic slides stop and start

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
We are experiencing trouble with our slide. When putting them out and in they run for a bit and then stop before we can get them to move again. It takes a few times to get them all the way out. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your help. Turns out it was the battery. Everything working well now.

boiseidaho
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem and it was just a weak battery , new battery and everything
worked fine. My slides were hydraulic also.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
You never stated inf the pump was actually shutting off or if they just quit moving.

If the pump is shutting of and then starts working again I would say it is going to be the circuit breaker.

If the pump is still running but the slides quit moving you are low on oil. Check the hydraulic oil level and add if needed. It could be sucking air
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a picture of mine. The one on the left under the red cap with the large black wire going to the pump is for the slides. Mine is a 50 amp. Look on the side of yours to see the amp rating for yours before you buy.

Here is what a bad one looks like.

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your help. For redsb3 we have hydraulic slides.

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
My slides got a little hesitant so when I took my trailer to my local RV Service Center I had them "check" the slides. They said there was a lot of corrosion on some part and they've working fine for the last 2 years since then. Maybe have a "pro" inspect them?
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BB_TX wrote:
Bad auto reset circuit breaker. Common problem. Good news is it is cheap and easy to replace.
X2 Just replaced sons auto CB. Also his batteries were weak and contributed to the problem by causing the motor to draw more current. Have your batteries load tested at a auto store.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

jdude
Explorer
Explorer
I would check the battery connections. I had the same problem. The inverter didn't have enough amps to run hydraulic motor.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Bad auto reset circuit breaker. Common problem. Good news is it is cheap and easy to replace.

jamway
Explorer
Explorer
Ours did that and it was a auto reset breaker that was causing the trouble. You can go to the pump and follow the wire to it.

When the slide stops check it with a meter to see if it is open. You will need help because ours did not stay open very long.

We got our new breaker at an auto parts supply store.

Good luck.
Happy Camping

2004 2500 CTD HO LB 4X4 auto
2005 Discover America 29 RL

James

redsb3
Explorer
Explorer
More information would be helpful. Hydraulic or electric slides and what make and model of 5th wheel. The more info you can provide the better chance you have of someone being able to help you.
2005 GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB with 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2002 Automate 5W, 32 ft, 13,280 GVWR
Valley Glider Hitch