cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need y'alls help please!

TraciK
Explorer
Explorer
So, we are looking again for a toy hauler. I found one on craigslist and it looks real nice from the pictures. I have been texting the guy and he seems to be honest about it. They bought it and got it home and discovered water damage. He redid floors he said in whole sheets not pieces under the walls from tongue to end. Has a new rubber roof and vents.

Its a little over 4 hours drive so we want to make sure before we drive that.

We bought a truck camper and I think we got caught up in wanting it and it had water damage, we sold way cheap and was honest about the damage and of course lost money. We DO NOT want a repeat.

Here is the add number post id: 4900245900 Its a 2001 thor tahoe Springfield Arkansas. Would you buy this or pass?

Also around here toy haulers go for more than around other areas.
12 REPLIES 12

TraciK
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! I passed on it.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I realize Ca is a bit far to shop, but http://www.toyhaulerliquidators.com/ might give you an idea on prices. Hope you find what you want.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Pass...however the seller gets thanks for being honest...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

Jerrybo66
Explorer
Explorer
If I have a problem on a piece of equipment and I fix it then I'm confident to keep it but if I think my fix doesn't totally fix the whole problem, maybe it's time to sell.. Just a thought...????
Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
+1 on taking a pass!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said stay away. At least the seller is up front that it has water damage. One way you can spot a water damaged floor on a toy hauler is to open the rear door and the floor will look like it is frowning. This is caused by the flooring and the bottom of the wall framing compressing. Also look for buckling in walls and cabinets that go from the floor to the ceiling.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Stay away from anything that's water damaged or been repaired for water damage. You can replace the frig or ac or water heater but you cant make it how it should be if it has water damage.

Make it your number one goal to avoid water damage. Just move on and find one that's ok. I have also noticed people talking about sagging rear walls or floors in toy haulers because of the large cavity effect in the rear. I dont know what brand or models but I did notice it on line so it may be an issue that you will want to research more.

I can understand how this may be an issue with the large "box" back there. In a regular RV style the inner walls help to provide a stronger "honeycomb" effect and make it more rigid. Good luck to you and be very careful.

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Pic water damage

Here is a pic of a trailer I missed checking good enough. Water only made it half way down wall. Owner had a cloths rack in closet which limited access to that corner. Checked every inch of that trailer except the 6" the rack was blocking.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

TraciK
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, thanks! That's why I love this place!

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
For water to get to the floor means roof and walls got real wet. I wouldn't even consider it.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd have to agree. Even if the guy did a good job repairing it, there's no guarantee that he got all of it or there isn't some other damage that he didn't find. And mold could most definitely be an issue.

A really good buy could turn into a real nightmare. It's so very hard to make sure all the damage has been addressed. I'd give it a pass myself.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! An RV with previous water damage could possibly now have mold damage too. It is not worth it. There are way too many good ones out there to consider a questionable one