cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

INTRODUCTION TO AMA DISTRICT 37 DUAL SPORT RIDES

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I don't do dual sport rides myself. I make my own, but good ideas on what you may want to carry with you.

http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/dualsporting.php
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus
4 REPLIES 4

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I agree that a lot of stuff. I have AAA towing and carry some basic tools as well.And I never ride alone!!!!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
fitznj wrote:
Wow - how much weight are you guys carrying................ and where do you
put it all ?

I ride a Dual sport bikes all over the North East and AZ/TX/NM and carry
wallet, paperwork, cell phone, small tool kit with basics, duct tape and JB Weld, rain gear. If it does not fit in a small back pack then it stays at home.

I can't imagine carrying everything that is listed.

Agreed. The only extra part I have is a shift lever tied to the frame. A few tools, spare tube, misc bolts in an altoids tin. Ride an XR650L. Had a rear flat once I rode out on since I was close to the truck.

I did have an XR400 strand me once on a 220mi cross country ride. Used a SPOT tracker to send a message to my family to come get me. Broken cam chain link ate out the plastic cam guide and plugged the oil screen; seized engine.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Wow - how much weight are you guys carrying................ and where do you
put it all ?

I ride a Dual sport bikes all over the North East and AZ/TX/NM and carry
wallet, paperwork, cell phone, small tool kit with basics, duct tape and JB Weld, rain gear. If it does not fit in a small back pack then it stays at home.

I can't imagine carrying everything that is listed.
Gerry

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I made a similar list years ago - back in the late 90s....

My gear list
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator