cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco refrigerator fan

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
Have a trip planed going out in 100 deg heat, pulled cover off of back of refrigerator to look for a place to instal cooling fans. Looking way up in the area behind ref there is already a fan in there , never noticed it before. Really surprised to see it. Cooling down the ref. pretty soon it came on.
Still think I might add a couple more for more air movement.
Maybe that's why my ref. works so good, sure beats fooling with ice chests.
Does any one else have fans from factory?
Would really like to wire new fans in with the factory on but see no way to get to the wiring on the existing fan.
2012 eagle lite
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
True temper wrote:
I have read a lot about people installing fans, just didn't know any came from factory.
I have a temp. Switch I will add to control the fans I install.

Fridge in a slideout?
Then it should have a fan factory installed.........fan needed to enhance less than adequate natural draft a roof vent provides.

Not in slideout..then factory may have added fan to help airflow due to clearance issues. Again.enhance air flow.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
I have read a lot about people installing fans, just didn't know any came from factory.
I have a temp. Switch I will add to control the fans I install.

Tiger8r
Explorer
Explorer
I believe most come with a fan . I installed an extra fan on mine. I picked up a hot and ground off the 12 volt block at the back of the refrig. Mounted the fan, ran the ground to the fan, ran the hot to a switch, then a switch leg from the switch to the fan. The switch I placed in the wall between the refrig and counter top at the stove. I put it up just under the overhead cabinets and as close to the back wall as possible.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our Fuzion came with a fan, and it needed replacing after a couple years. It was a cheap computer 12v fan and exposure to moisture did it in. I bought two waterproof fans to replace it. Luckily mine was pretty easy to get to.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"