cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just bought a 5th wheel

jserv61
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought our first 5th wheel! A Prime Time Crusader 315RTS. We had a 26 ft travel trailer for the last 7 years. From you experienced 5 th wheelers, is there any equipment or tips you can recommend we might need as we move into a 5th wheeler. We will be parking her this summer at a seasonal lot.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thats a nice 5th wheel.

jserv61
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the suggestions. We have yet to upgrade our truck. We have a 1500 Sierra. As it will be at the lot all summer, we plan on getting a truck later this summer.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trailer.

Make sure you do your hitch homework so your trailer will ride smooth and level. You may need to get some hitch add-ons to get the ride you want. Based on the age of your truck you might need bed rails or a turnover ball system to secure your hitch. Both involve installation and expense. You may need some suspension mods such as air springs.

Also, if your truck is an older diesel a PacBrake would be a plus. Make sure your tires are up to the task. Also I installed an in-bed electrical connector which I like.

Good luck and have fun with that new trailer.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I would consider blocks or some sort of frame support close to the axles if it's not moving often.

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
being you'll be seasonal, get a couple cinder blocks (solid) to set the landing gear on....the more of your landing gear that you DON'T extend, the better the chance you won't get sea sick walking around the front of your 5er.

Welcome to 5er world!!!!:B
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
A "Lube Plate"--like one in link--http://www.amazon.com/Camco-44674-Wheel-Lube-Plate/dp/B002YXC07W.
Also, a lock that locks 5th wheel hitch release arm in place when 5'vr hitch pin is connected. Never happened to me but have been told stories about being hitched up and parked in a public area when hitch arm has been pulled-you get into TV and take off only to find your 5'vr pin sitting in the bed of your TV. Lars
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
jserv61 wrote:
We just bought our first 5th wheel! A Prime Time Crusader 315RTS. We had a 26 ft travel trailer for the last 7 years. From you experienced 5 th wheelers, is there any equipment or tips you can recommend we might need as we move into a 5th wheeler. We will be parking her this summer at a seasonal lot.
Thanks

A FW hitch is all I can think of. ๐Ÿ™‚ Everything else is pretty much the same.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member