cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen slide issues

bogart661
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot that we picked up in late August 2013. We had several minor issues that have all been taken care of.
One issue that remains is with the kitchen slide. When the slide is extended and it gets to the point to lower down to make the flat floor it drops really hard shacking the entire trailer, when bringing the slide in it jumps up really hard before coming in.

This is the first trailer I've had with a kitchen slide but this does not seem right to me. I've been told(by Camping World) that because the slide contains the refrigerator, stove and entertainment center it is the weight that causes it do this.

I'm getting ready to call Crossroads to get them involved but wanted to hear from others with this type of slide to see if this is normal.
Vinnie and Chris
2013 2WD Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison Reese R16 Slider
2014 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot CF305SK
18 REPLIES 18

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
waltbennett wrote:
That's garbage. Our Monty has the ref., stove, microwave & oven on one and doesn't do that at all. I'll bet there's supposed to be some sort of ramp made out of that slick plastic that didn't get put in. Contact the manufacturer as this should be under warranty.
That's because your Monty kitchen slide doesn't drop to flat floor, it just slides out. I've actually never seen a kitchen slide that drops to level with the floor. Interesting.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
OK everyone has told you theirs is fine. Mine also, however had the same trouble with my sofa, dinning slide. There was a ramp that the rollers ride up on that somehow split and the ramp part fell out while extending the slide. Sure the slide came in but not even, as the rollers hung till enough force jerked it up and thumped on extending. Mine was easy to replace as you can get to it would hate it to been on the kitchen slide where all the cabinets are but even there it should be accessed.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

bogart661
Explorer
Explorer
Had my conversation with Crossroads this morning and they gave me the name of another RV repair shop that they use for more difficult issues. It is 80 miles from my home instead of 15 for CW, but if they can fix my problem I will be happy. I have an appointment for next Tuesday, wish me luck.
Vinnie and Chris
2013 2WD Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison Reese R16 Slider

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
bogart661 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your input, I will be calling Crossroads in the morning. They do know about this issue from my last conversation with them. But after picking the trailer up from CW today and hearing their comments about the slide, I need Crossroads to come up with a plan to get this corrected.

I have the same trailer. The slide doesn't act like yours but mine has a grinding noise for about 6" when started in. It's an alignment issue but I just haven't gotten it back to the dealer to get it fixed.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Take a video of it and send to Crossroads & Marcus.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does not sound right I'd tell the dealer BS and get factory involved.
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids

bogart661
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for your input, I will be calling Crossroads in the morning. They do know about this issue from my last conversation with them. But after picking the trailer up from CW today and hearing their comments about the slide, I need Crossroads to come up with a plan to get this corrected.
Vinnie and Chris

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We have fridge, stove, microwave, entertainment center, fireplace and half of our pantry in the off door slide.

Works smooth.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

overthehillbill
Explorer
Explorer
todouble wrote:
Yeah something is not right. I have fridge, stove, microwave, entertainment center, fireplace all in one slide. Nothing but smooth sliding for me. Call the mfg.

X-2, smooth as glass.
Bill
'08 Cedar Creek 32TK, 35'9", 13,990#
'01 F-250,Lariat, 7.3L, SC, Auto, LB, JW Towmaster Tranny, 6.0L Tranny cooler, DP custom tunes, 4" Turbo back exhaust, Auto Meter Gauges, Firestone Air Bags. '07 Headlights and Grille, Prodigy P-3.

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Patriot Cruise with a kitchen slide. Ours did shake a little when we brought it in or out, simple fix alignment. Enjoy your rig, we love ours and have had a few minor issues, but Crossroads has been great with helping us.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

todouble
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah something is not right. I have fridge, stove, microwave, entertainment center, fireplace all in one slide. Nothing but smooth sliding for me. Call the mfg.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Crossroads. It sounds like CW (as usual) doesn't know what they are talking about. Anything to get the complainer to leave the store.

ON EDIT

And let Marcus know about it.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
As stated above....something is not right. Ours has the fridge, stove/oven, and microwave, and it operates very smoothly.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
I would have called the manufacturer a long time ago!!!
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel