cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likely to regret

ddm502001
Explorer
Explorer
Was a HDT Wrench for over two decades, worked around any and every imaginable machine over those years, changed career path to Power station spending another over two decades in a Nuclear Power Plant. Now retired, got the itch to travel where wife is coming closer to retirement, so I did some horse trading into a Project Truck.

Is HUGE just over 28' long, 2005 Kenworth W900L, has more than enough HP Caterpillar engine, Gearing and Brakes, eight bag air ride tandem. Weights 19800 by itself where intend to purchase a ~30' toy hauler fifth wheel as is only Wife and I to use, have no children.

I have overhauled engine, updated head and other attachments, repaired most all that had been left go to rot and repainted where I am now fitting full rear fenders I received also in trade essentially for free.

Fully understand parks can be tight to non maneuverable so am I going to regret this beast?
33 REPLIES 33

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Rick & Nick. Most likely you eliminated state parks, and a lot of private parks as well. The Ford / Chevy / Dodge 1 tons, pulling the 30, will get you in just about everywhere.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
I agree with Rick - it is probably overkill for a 30-foot 5er. But you should be able to trade for a very nice F350/3500. The upside is the 1-ton is a lot more parking lot friendly for site seeing.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
ddm502001 wrote:
Was a HDT Wrench for over two decades, worked around any and every imaginable machine over those years, changed career path to Power station spending another over two decades in a Nuclear Power Plant. Now retired, got the itch to travel where wife is coming closer to retirement, so I did some horse trading into a Project Truck.

Is HUGE just over 28' long, 2005 Kenworth W900L, has more than enough HP Caterpillar engine, Gearing and Brakes, eight bag air ride tandem. Weights 19800 by itself where intend to purchase a ~30' toy hauler fifth wheel as is only Wife and I to use, have no children.

I have overhauled engine, updated head and other attachments, repaired most all that had been left go to rot and repainted where I am now fitting full rear fenders I received also in trade essentially for free.

Fully understand parks can be tight to non maneuverable so am I going to regret this beast?

Probably so. If it's all fixed up now, it's probably very marketable. If it were me I'd probably sell it and buy something better suited to my purpose. Happy travels!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

ddm502001
Explorer
Explorer