cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looks like its finally gonna happen!

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Well after months of researching which toy hauler and then months of searching for dealer that would give best deal it seems like its finally going to happen. Should be picking up our new 2014 Cyclone 4100 King sometime next week. They ended up getting real close to the best price we found but actually gave what we wanted on trade! Now my 2 questions are: 1) has anyone had any dealing with ExploreUSA RV Center in TX? and 2) I need the inspection list yall recommend to check on everything before I sign the papers. Thanks for the help with these 2 questions and I finally get to join the Toy Hauler Club!
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King
9 REPLIES 9

Macman83
Explorer
Explorer
I used this checklist when I went through my 2013 Voltage 3905. Checklist This one is for new or used trailers or motorhomes, so you just have to skip the parts that don't apply. It is pretty comprehensive, and it took me 3 hours with the service manager following me around. We combined it with the trailer demo to see how everything worked, and the manager was very helpful. I pushed and pulled on everything, ran all the electrical stuff twice, (and there is a lot of electric stuff on the Voltage) checked the way the slides mated to the side of the trailer, and made notes of everything that was needing attention on the checklist, and when we were done, I walked away, and told them I would pick it up when they had everything fixed. They called me a few hours later, and when I got there, I checked everything out and it was done to my satisfaction. Only then did I sign the papers, hand over the check, and hook up to the new trailer. My dealer was very accommodating, and I have had great support from them when I needed it.

Good luck with your new rig!
2010 Ford F450 Superduty diesel
2013 Voltage 3905

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
I gota second the "have them put some good tires on it". If I were to buy new, that would be a deal breaker for me.

PS. I would not sign loan docs or sign anything until a complete PDI was done and I was satisfied with the unit. They need your business more than you need their trailer. Tell them they need to figure out how to make it happen in one trip.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Any other advice on the PDI inspection? Also has anyone else had an issue like this. If i go through their bank that they get a kick back from the price drops another $4K, BUT it takes another 2-3 days for the money to get wired and funded from the bank. So there is no way to drive up on the lot and leave with your camper the same day if you use their bank. This makes it a tough decision since I am 5hrs away and would like to not make multiple trips just to get the camper. They want to overnight paperwork and have loan and everything in place before I can leave with camper. Anyone else have a deal like this when purchasing a camper?
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
It's good to be the King!
Congrats !
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
soonernation wrote:
rayford118 wrote:
1) has anyone had any dealing with ExploreUSA RV Center in TX?

Which location? There are several in Texas. I bought mine from ExploreUSA in Mesquite and I am pleased with the sales and service. I had another location in Denton that was closer to me but decided to go to Mesquite because the sales guy seemed to be less of a used car salesman type.

I'm using the one in Wills Point, TX
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
rayford118 wrote:
1) has anyone had any dealing with ExploreUSA RV Center in TX?

Which location? There are several in Texas. I bought mine from ExploreUSA in Mesquite and I am pleased with the sales and service. I had another location in Denton that was closer to me but decided to go to Mesquite because the sales guy seemed to be less of a used car salesman type.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
The "King". Congrats!!! I like that TH. see if the dealer will allow you to stay overnight or even the weekend to ensure everything works. You gotta post some pics too ๐Ÿ™‚

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

hammer21661
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. In ours we only haul a golf cart and a kayak and JUNK. But to answer your Q. The frame Paint and rust. Plumbing fill all them up and check for leaks in everything drains and tanks you may have to slap the underbelly to make sure the tanks aren't leaking. Valves. I like a glued one on the end. Gas pump mine don't work sounds to be somewhat common with the insides swelling. Tvs and antenna.fit and finish will probably suck but you have a year to find all the problems. Make sure every thing is documented with signatures from the service manager. Trust me on that.Get them to take off the Chinese junk tires and put on some Michelin Ribs(there are other good tires but I just like Michelins).
2018 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel Lariamie 1-2018
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
not sure why my topic posted so many times, can a moderator please delete the other duplicates. sorry about that.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King