cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lug pattern

boatms03
Explorer
Explorer
can anyone tell me the lug pattern on my trailer wheels. i have a sierra 381RBOK fifth wheel trailer. its 8 lug wheels. i tried to call camping world where i purchased the trailer but they could not tell me what size they are. and i cant find a number to call forest river and actually talk to someone that knows anything about their trailers.
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
2017 Sierra 381 RBOK
16 REPLIES 16

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Darryl&Rita wrote:
Geeze, Louise people. It's not like trailer axles went metric, or anything. 8 lug are 8x6.5".

There you go!

I think the only other variation is the stud size, either 9/16" or 5/8".

Or 1/2"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are all trailer wheels lug-centric, or are some hub-centric? That would make a biiig difference.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
16" 8 lug trailer wheels come in several different brands and have changed a bit over the years....in particular the center hole and lug holes size.
My newer 16" 8 lug steel wheels on my newer GN equipment trailers have a larger center hole and lug holes than my older GN trailers with 16" 8 lug wheels. My equipment trailer mfg gave me a heads up some years back on possible problems shifting spare wheels between trailers.
I have a pair of old 16" 8 lug trailer wheels that came from some of my work trailers from the '70s that have very small lug holes and won't work on any of my newer trailers with Dexter or Rockwell American 16" 8 lug axles.

You have the wheels so try one on for proper fitment before hitting the road.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

boatms03
Explorer
Explorer
I just wanted to make sure they were the same lug pattern as my goosneck trailer. I was going to bring the spare tire from it on our trip next week. And before yall say it yes i could have just pulled a tire off and tried the other spare but i didnt want to do all of the labor if i didnt have to. lol "work smarter not harder" thanks for the help
2017 Sierra 381 RBOK

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are buying new wheels be sure you are getting trailer wheels with little to no offset. Many pick up wheels are the same bolt pattern but with considerable offset.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

boatms03
Explorer
Explorer
Darryl&Rita wrote:
Geeze, Louise people. It's not like trailer axles went metric, or anything. 8 lug are 8x6.5".

thanks for the info.
2017 Sierra 381 RBOK

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Darryl&Rita wrote:

There you go!

I think the only other variation is the stud size, either 9/16" or 5/8".
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Darryl&Rita wrote:

There you go!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
If he has a new 5er then his lug pattern is the same as any 8 lug trailer rim. Even an old one will be the same.
http://www.tredittire.com/wheels

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those who are mystified about lug pattern, he is looking for a replacement rim and you need to match the lug bolt pattern between the old and new rims.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

Lwiddis wrote:
"they could not tell me what size they are"

What info is on the sidewall of the tires?

That WILL NOT have anything to do with the lug pattern...

OP -
Go online to Forrest River, get contact info from there...have your vin# available..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you tried this: Wheel Bolt pattern

You'll need the measurement from center to center of two adjacent lugs. If that website doesn't work try searching for lug bolt pattern.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"they could not tell me what size they are"

What info is on the sidewall of the tires?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad