Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging grey tanks, is it possible?

omextreme
Explorer
Explorer
Just a curious idea.

We are camping without sewer for the next 5 days, Our black tank will hold just fine but the grey tank for the shower will be an issue. We have 2 grey tanks 1 for shower and bath sink and the other is the kitchen and outdoor kitchen.

Here is my question. Both tanks have their own dump valve, both tanks are at the same height on the frame. And both tanks merge into the same pvc sewer pipe to exit the camper.

My Question is could I buy one of those gate valves that lock on to the end of the trailer sewer connection, close it and open the 2 dump valves on the grey tanks?

My theory is that both tanks would fill at the same time essentially doubling my shower water capacity, Kind of like a water level.

This seems to me like a great simple idea which probably means I am missing something.

Thanks for any advise
17 REPLIES 17

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds plausible. When I was being told how to use my Sani Con system, the dealer said I should empty the black tank then turn off the Sani Con and open the grey water to let it flush back into the black tank, then close the grey and continue to dump the black. You would be doing pretty much the same thing.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
That will work, just remember to CLOSE BOTH Grey Tank valves before opening the Black tank valve once the hose is hooked-up. This way you'll still have the grey water to flush the hose after dumping the black tank.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
It would work since water seeks it's own level.