cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montana HC vs Heritage Glen 1500lb Diff?

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II
Comparing the Heritage Glenn 378FL at 43'6" and 11,589lbs versus the Montana High Country 376FL at 41'11" and 12985 lbs. These are essentially the exact same layout but the Heritage Glenn comes in around $53,000 versus the High Country at $74,000.

What surprises me the most is in the weight difference. Where did Heritage Glenn shave 1500lbs or where did Montana put 1500lbs? I know the Montana is considered a higher end trailer but in my opinion, the materials are all generally the same light weight flimsy stuff. I believe the Montana has an aluminum nose structure while the heritage Glenn has wood. I think the sides and walls are generally constructed the same.

Any experience between the two? I actually like the rear bedroom in the Heritage Glenn better than the Montana because of the large Window and more room around the bed. I like the L shaped countertop in the Kitchen of the Montana and might do something in the Heritage Glenn as counter top space seems compromised.

All things being equal, if the extra $20k was really getting me something I'm for spending the money but I'm struggling to see what I'm getting for it other than the name Montana.

Thoughts?

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
6 REPLIES 6

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the HG does have a drop frame in the rear. I missed that. The MHC has a drop in the front and rear. 8 lug 7,000 axles vs the 6 lug ?000 lb HG axles. E rated tires on the HG, G rated on the MCH.
There's much more if you really dig around and watch some vids.

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Heritage Glenn also has a drop frame as well, not sure if you missed that or not by your reference. It also has a large window in the rear but the "closet" is much reduced compared to the Montana but the positive tradeoff is the additional floor space plus large rear window. I do like the countertop better on the Montana as well and would probably do something similar to the Heritage Glenn if that is what we went with.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
The MHC has a 12" drop frame. The FR has a regular frame. Thats going to add a decent amount of the 1500 lbs.
I'm guessing that there's a bunch of little things that all add up to the 1500 lb.
I would also not put the FR in the same class as the MHC. I'd be looking at other more mid to high end units. The MHC is not a dressed down Montana and isn't equal to say a Solitude. More inline with the Solitude S class. Or a Cedar Creek Silverstone.
The FR is a mid range equipped 5er that's got a lot of room with out the added amenities and standard feature of the MHC.

And there's the 'it' factor that Keystone could be banking on. The MHC is related to the Montana so it's possible that Keystone has the MSRP bumped up for that reason.
The Heritage has no big brother to carry the MSRP.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of slides does the Heritage Glen have? Cable or hydraulic? I don't know if that would account for 1500lbs but MHC's have cable slides.

The MHC has a front window, the Heritage Glen does not. We have the same window in our MHC and it's quite large so I imagine it weighs a decent amount. The Montana also has a larger wardrobe, what appears to be more counterspace in the kitchen, and actual cabinets dividing the living and kitchen area vs just a wall. All of these things could add up to 1500 more lbs.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Are they the same width?I know some Montana models are 8'6" wide. Not sure about the HC.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Can't answer your question. But I guess the first thing I would compare would be the frames for that much extra weight. May be that the HC has larger I beam frame.