cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Montana Owners Club Forum

kenboat
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a Montana High Country and some other fivers.

A couple questions about the Montana Owners forum.

Can you view there forum without being a registered member ?
And has anyone registered recently online ?

It seems like everytime I have tried looking at there forum, all I get is there sticky notes and none of it is recent activity, months old.

Thanks, Ken
1999 Ford F250 SuperDuty CC LB 7.3 TD
2008 KZ Sportsmen S245RL2
1956 Owens Outboard Wooden runabout boat
15 REPLIES 15

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
08UltraRider wrote:
davidaf wrote:
08UltraRider wrote:
What you're mostly gonna get on MOC is how much they love their Montana. Nothing wrong with that as they wouldn't own one if they didn't like them.

Odd, once I finally made it to the board, post purchase, it scared the heck out of me. I thought my Montana was going to fall apart for the first month or so. Thought I made the worst purchase of my life. People were actually talking about problems with their rigs and with the manufacturer.

What I was referring to was the threads where someone new asks "I'm looking at buying a Montana?" There will be numerous responses on how much they love their Montana! ๐Ÿ˜„

I wasn't trying to be negative... if he asks the same question about brand X at a brand X forum he'll get the same responses. It's only natural they are a bit biased...

Kinda like asking on a Harley forum if I should buy a Harley or a Goldwing... Well maybe not... that would be more extreme bias. ๐Ÿ˜„

Solution: Don't (never!) Ask..;)

Just look for the posts by folks looking for help solving problems with their Montanas.

The..... Good - Bad - Ugly.

Follow along to see how they are resolved, suggestions by other owners, etc.
(Sure - Ask for more *details* if you think it might help you.)

Same thing applies to TV purchases.
Go to the...Chevy/GMC - Ford - Dodge...diesel forums and do the same, whether you want a new or used "brand X".

08UltraRider
Explorer
Explorer
davidaf wrote:
08UltraRider wrote:
What you're mostly gonna get on MOC is how much they love their Montana. Nothing wrong with that as they wouldn't own one if they didn't like them.

Odd, once I finally made it to the board, post purchase, it scared the heck out of me. I thought my Montana was going to fall apart for the first month or so. Thought I made the worst purchase of my life. People were actually talking about problems with their rigs and with the manufacturer.

What I was referring to was the threads where someone new asks "I'm looking at buying a Montana?" There will be numerous responses on how much they love their Montana! ๐Ÿ˜„

I wasn't trying to be negative... if he asks the same question about brand X at a brand X forum he'll get the same responses. It's only natural they are a bit biased...

Kinda like asking on a Harley forum if I should buy a Harley or a Goldwing... Well maybe not... that would be more extreme bias. ๐Ÿ˜„

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
You do have to register. It is free. I was just on it a few minutes ago it is operating normal. It is a good source for information about a Montana. Some folks have few or no problems others(like me) have many. Any owners forum is a great source of information about that particular brand. The forum members do report problems with their Montana product and recommendations to correct the issue. There are many members that are expert on the Montana(I am not one of them)I recommend you join and look around. If you do not like it..drop out.
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
I joined the Montana forum and visit it frequently. There are probably thousands of members on that forum and many of them are experts on repairing/maintaining their fivers. If you own anything from the Montana line you can always get your tech questions answered there.

When you visit the MOC you will read about all the stuff that goes wrong with Montana fivers. Just like with any RV they have their issues. But that is part of the purpose of that forum. It is a place to go to when you have an issue where you can get answers. Having that type of experienced support at your fingertips is critical for us as full timers.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

RedAce
Explorer
Explorer
You do not need to own a Montana to join the MOC. If you own a Montana then joining the forum is one of the best ways to find out vital information about your rig. It certainly was for me.

davidaf
Explorer
Explorer
08UltraRider wrote:

2016 - Heartland Landmark Newport
2006 - Lance 1181
2005 - Fleetwood Prowler AX6 365BSQS - San Felipe Mexico Getaway!
2016 - Ram 3500 DRW

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Why are we talking about another forum on this forum?
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
kenboat wrote:
Really.

Is that....."Really?"

or.....

Really! - - ... :h..:@..:h

However......it *really* doesn't matter, ROTFL.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford Man wrote:
Well I have owned 3 Montana's 2003. 2006 and a 2010. I traded the 2010 for a 2013 Landmark Full body Paint that has been a nightmare. Going to order a new Montana tomorrow with the Legacy Package and G614 Goodyear Tires. Much better quality even though it is one level down than the Landmark.

Did you look at the Big Sky? I think they are wide bodies were the Montana is normal width. The Big Sky's are definitely closer to the Landmark than the Montana.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Well I have owned 3 Montana's 2003. 2006 and a 2010. I traded the 2010 for a 2013 Landmark Full body Paint that has been a nightmare. Going to order a new Montana tomorrow with the Legacy Package and G614 Goodyear Tires. Much better quality even though it is one level down than the Landmark.

08UltraRider
Explorer
Explorer

I recently traded in a HC 343RL and could give you some insight.

We loved the layout and build quality for the most part was no better or worse than comparable fifth wheels.

Keystone during the warranty period was great to work with.

Front cap and decals faded/peeled. I saw (MOC members) that Keystone was covering the decals after warranty but they wouldn't in my case.

Largest reason I traded the trailer was that it only had 5200 lb axles on it. On the surface with a 12,500 GVWR it would have been ok but the layout of the trailer with 3 slides, kitchen, water heater, bathroom all on the left side... The left side of the trailer was overloaded. The left springs flattened out after a year where I replaced them with heavier springs but they flattened out as well. The trailer had a noticeable lean to it when on level ground.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like they have changed something. I tried logging out of the site (normally stayed logged in) and when I did I could no longer see the postings. Don't think it use to be like that.

Registering is free, simple, and anonymous. And no commitments required. So go for it.

kenboat
Explorer
Explorer
Really.
1999 Ford F250 SuperDuty CC LB 7.3 TD
2008 KZ Sportsmen S245RL2
1956 Owens Outboard Wooden runabout boat

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
you have to register to make comments on the forum.

what do you want to know about montanas? they are just like the rest of the 5th wheels, pick one you like.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015