cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mountaineer vs Dutchman

Jconnon
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are about to buy our first 5th wheel and there are a couple of layouts that we like from the Montana Mountaineers and the Dutchman Infinity's. My question is quality wise is one better than the other or are they pretty equal?
6 REPLIES 6

71stang99
Explorer
Explorer
Double post

71stang99
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the 3750fl from Infinity. After doing my research the Infinity was better in a few respects (higher quality touches) however I really liked the extra door on the Montana. We had a few minor problems so far but all RVs tend to have something wrong.

rconkin
Explorer
Explorer
If you are considering the 345DBQ, look at the 346LBQ also. We looked at both and decided on the 346LBQ due to the kitchen penisula which increased the counter space and the enclosed bathroom. The 345 has 4 bunks, but, we got the optional sleeper sofa in the bunkroom and could still sleep 4 back there. The 345 has two slides in the bunkroom so it has more floorspace. The 346 has the kitchen slide and we liked that. As with anything there are personal preferences and this is just what we liked about it. Our previous 5er had the open shower and vanity and we just didn't like it with the access to the front bunk area in that 5er cutoff while someone was in the shower. Just a couple of things to think about.
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
2007 Hummer H3 toad

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

Jconnon
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at the following models. Mountaineers 345DBQ and 375FLF and for Dutchman Infinity 3870FK. We really liked the Dutchman layout but for practicality purposes we may go with the 345DBQ from Montana. We have spent a lot of time looking at fifth wheels but have not actually been in a Dutchman yet.

bob34787
Explorer
Explorer
looked at infinity last year front livingroom model and Montana's a few weeks ago. if I had to choose it would be montana, seemed to be better built and after talking to a few people at fort wilderness last year that had the infinity would probably stay away from Dutchman.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Jconnon wrote:
My wife and I are about to buy our first 5th wheel and there are a couple of layouts that we like from the Montana Mountaineers and the Dutchman Infinity's. My question is quality wise is one better than the other or are they pretty equal?

Could you please list the model numbers you were looking at to be more specific?

Thanks

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer