cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting TV on thin wall

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
I have a jayco26.5 5er and would like to mount a TV in the bedroom. The wall between the bedroom and the shower looks like only 1 inch. I don't want it to fall off. Any ideas on to mount so it's on there good?
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs
7 REPLIES 7

stateboy776
Explorer
Explorer
My Jayco had a sticker on the wall that showed where to mount the TV. I still used a stud finder, made sure no pipes came up through the wall and used lag bolts in the stud. No issues whatsoever.
2019 Ford F 250
2016 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same set up in our Jayco 5er. When we took possession, dealer installed the TV on that wall with an RTV mounting bracket. 4 years later never had a problem.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas! I mounted it with short lag bolts. Thanks DutchmanSport I will take it down when moving.
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

Moved from Forum Technical Support

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
When traveling, we always took the television down and laid it on the bed though.
That's the thing... all the vibration may end up taking it down for you!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You need to attach to the wall a backing board that you can nail or screw the television mount to. Like you said, the wall are very thin. If you are going through an inside wall, you can very easily run a bolt completely through the wall, through the backing board and screw the nut on the other side of the wall. My Springdale was exactly as you described.

I didn't do the bolt through the entire wall method, I did prep the backing board, then used Liquid Nails to attach the board to the wall. I then was able to hit 1 stud on the very corner of the wall and got 2 real wood screws in there. The remainder, well,.... I used my air-nailer and put a bazillion finishing nails in it, basically short enough the nails would not come through the wall to the other side, but long enough to penetrate the board and the very thin paneling. It worked. Once the Liquid Nails set up, it held the television just fine! When traveling, we always took the television down and laid it on the bed though.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't. Put on a stand. 20 demerits for posting in FTS.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman