cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New fiver - Bayhill 340rk

D2Wilsn
Explorer
Explorer
We just made the leap today and have purchased a new Evergreen Bayhill 340RK. It is a very unique floor plan and fell in love with it as soon as we looked at it. We pick it up next weekend. The finish appears to be good quality. The dealership has offered, as an upsell of course, the Xylan coating, claiming that we won't have to wax our fifth wheel for 5 years and protects the decals, which is very appealing to my husband, as we currently wax our fifth wheel at least once a year. Anyone have any knowledge regarding this product? I have researched it a little bit and it appears to be a commercially applied product only. Is this true? Thank you for any input.
Dale & Debbie
2005 4x4 GMC 2500 HD, Duramax w/Banks Power Pack, Banks Speed Brake, P2 Trailer Brake
2010 Heartland Sundance 3200 RE, w/2 air conditioners, electric rear jacks, fireplace, 16" wheels w/6,000 lb axles
2 spoiled Papillion dogs, Katie & Molly
6 REPLIES 6

goodwin297
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered the 2015 Bay Hill 340RK in grey. The 2015 grey has the same gel coat as the tan/cream one has had in the 2014. We fell in love with it at the Houston RV Show in February. We had to wait until our house was sold. We have closing next week so we ordered it last Friday. We ordered it with the dual pane windows due to the condensation with regular windows when we are in Pennsylvania November to first week of January. We also added the tank heating pads for during that same time frame. We added the generator, too. Honestly, we added every option. It's our home. First one we bought brand new, so decided to get what we really wanted in one instead of wishing we would have.

Enjoy, and let me know how it goes.

Trudi
Full-Time RVers since 6/16/2012

Our home:2015 Evergreen Bay Hill 340RK
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins Diesel Crew Cab
Doggies - Molli, Indi and Louie

MM49
Explorer
Explorer
D2Wilsn wrote:
We just made the leap today and have purchased a new Evergreen Bayhill 340RK. It is a very unique floor plan and fell in love with it as soon as we looked at it. We pick it up next weekend. The finish appears to be good quality. The dealership has offered, as an upsell of course, the Xylan coating, claiming that we won't have to wax our fifth wheel for 5 years and protects the decals, which is very appealing to my husband, as we currently wax our fifth wheel at least once a year. Anyone have any knowledge regarding this product? I have researched it a little bit and it appears to be a commercially applied product only. Is this true? Thank you for any input.
Very nice trailer. Let us know how it works out for you. I am impressed with the design and manufacturing.
MM49

Bay Hill

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never heard of Xylan coating have you? I bet it's the same as any other polymer coating that they charge HUGE $$$ for. You can do the same thing with a bottle of Rejex, NuFinish, Simoniz Ice or one of countless others, If they want to do the inside too that will include someone going in with a spray can or two of 3M Scotch Guard or similar product. Read the fine print, I bet if the stuff fails they will refund your money on a pro-rated basis, if they give you anything at all. Save your money this is one HUGE profit maker for the dealer. Hire some kid to wax your trailer if you think you need to. I wash mine a couple times a year. It still looks new.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too recommend to NOT purchase any extras provided by the dealer. This is just extra money out of your pocket and into theirs. These are dealer gimmicks that have been proven to provide no extra benefit to the buyer at all.

My .02 cents...

Ron

ps... congrats on the new rig...
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Beartoo
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new Bay Hill, we saw one at our dealer an just loved it.
DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)

therink
Explorer
Explorer
I would not purchase any exterior protectant product from a dealer. Carefully read the fine print on the 5 year warranty. It likely requires annual visits to the dealer for "check ups". And what does it guarantee?
My experience is that the best preventative maintenance is a thorough application of the polish of my choice on an annual basis by hand. Not only does this keep the rig protected and looking good, it gives me an up close look at all seams and caulking to make repairs where needed.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.