Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Sailun tires

selnoil
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Back a month and a half ago I asked about tires after we had a 4 year old Towmax (Blowmax) do a ton of damage to our unit. Most of you advocated for the Sailun S637 (which in this years model of our unit keystone puts on them). Did a bunch of research and calling around to find locally the tires were really expensive and only sold by commercial truck suppliers. Got on SimpleTire and found them much less expensive, almost half the price. Some of you expressed concern that they sell old tires but I am writing to say the 235/80R16's I got were April this year so I am very pleased. They delivered very quickly and I am very impressed with the tire. I've driven and owned commercial trucks most of life and these tires are everything you all talked them up to be and more. Looking forward to going on a trip with them this next weekend. They look much more stout with very little squat so hopefully my near 40' trailer isn't all over the place anymore. Thanks for the tips folks!! By the way, finding the rim rating was easy once I found they were made by SenDel (stamped on the back of the rim), they have all the info on their website.
19 REPLIES 19

iwski
Explorer
Explorer
selnoil wrote:
Hi All,
Back a month and a half ago I asked about tires after we had a 4 year old Towmax (Blowmax) do a ton of damage to our unit. Most of you advocated for the Sailun S637 (which in this years model of our unit keystone puts on them). Did a bunch of research and calling around to find locally the tires were really expensive and only sold by commercial truck suppliers. Got on SimpleTire and found them much less expensive, almost half the price. Some of you expressed concern that they sell old tires but I am writing to say the 235/80R16's I got were April this year so I am very pleased. They delivered very quickly and I am very impressed with the tire. I've driven and owned commercial trucks most of life and these tires are everything you all talked them up to be and more. Looking forward to going on a trip with them this next weekend. They look much more stout with very little squat so hopefully my near 40' trailer isn't all over the place anymore. Thanks for the tips folks!! By the way, finding the rim rating was easy once I found they were made by SenDel (stamped on the back of the rim), they have all the info on their website.

Glad to hear more good reports on the Sailun tires. I will hopefully be switching after this first summer on Constancy tire - they seem quite weak. I'm trying to get an idea how common it is to have aluminum factory rims that have a capacity higher than 80 psi. I have a Denali (now Keystone) and am not sure what the rim capacity is.
2017 Dutchmen Denali 280LBS fifth wheel
2011 Ram 3500 6.7 dually

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
CJW8 wrote:
I got mine at Big O tires locally. Had them about 4 months and 2000 miles. I'm very impressed with them.

Got a quote from Big O, got a tire dealer closer to home to match the price, and still ended up with a lower price then I could get them from Simpletire, and then pay to have them installed

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
I would do some playing around with pressures.I had a 06 3500 ram with 3000 pin wt,pac bags worked best with the suspension at 22/23 lbs loaded.I found at in excess of this the truck road fine but did not handle as well on curves as the bags were carrying to much of the weight.

Rygar
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Lazydays.
2011 Montana 3455SA
2013 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab King Ranch SRW
Gary & Jane Retired Toy Store owners
2 Sheltie Furkids Cammie & Stormy

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
Rygar wrote:
lazydays wrote:
Had mine installed last Fall. I love them. I'll buy again when I need tires.

Hey lazydays, I have the same airbags in my Ford f350. I started running them at 50lbs with the Rv loaded but I was told that thats way too much and it should only be 30lbs. My Rv is rated at 2100lbs pin weight, what are you pumping yours up to when towing?

I run around 45lbs and my pin weight is around 2600lbs. I believe you can put much more air in them what you and I have and not exceed the specs. If it rides nice at 50 I wouldn't worry about it.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

Rygar
Explorer
Explorer
lazydays wrote:

Hey lazydays, I have the same airbags in my Ford f350. I started running them at 50lbs with the Rv loaded but I was told that thats way too much and it should only be 30lbs. My Rv is rated at 2100lbs pin weight, what are you pumping yours up to when towing?
2011 Montana 3455SA

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine at Big O tires locally. Had them about 4 months and 2000 miles. I'm very impressed with them.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
They're rated for 110psi. My trailer weight is the same as yours and I wouldn't think of using anything less. Why spend all that money for your new tires and not use them to the max.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

Rygar
Explorer
Explorer
I just had them installed in my fiver. It's 16,000lbs loaded. I had them inflate to 100psi, does that sound about right??
2011 Montana 3455SA

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Another satisfied Sailun customer here, for a couple years now I think. There are 2 others in our regular camping group have them on their 5er's as well and have had excellent service out of them.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
lee worsdell wrote:
Ya I have 4000 miles on mine all ready. Had a valve stem leak but other than that great tire. heading in next week to have my trailer raised 2 inchs just to level out. Don't want to wear out the backs to quick. Cant lower hitch any or raise pin box if your wondering

What are you getting done to the trailer to raise it 2 inches and what is the approximate cost if you don't mind me asking.

Wouldn't mind raising mine also.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Ya I have 4000 miles on mine all ready. Had a valve stem leak but other than that great tire. heading in next week to have my trailer raised 2 inchs just to level out. Don't want to wear out the backs to quick. Cant lower hitch any or raise pin box if your wondering

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Came thru on our '18 Big Country. Not a ST guy, but very impressed w/ them so far and don't see a lot of flex for a hefty 5er sittin' on them.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"