cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New tires and brakes

Rolo2
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where I could get my brakes looked at and new tires for my 5th wheel? I live on Long Island NY and have no idea who does work around here. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Montara24d
Explorer
Explorer
W.E.S. trailer sales in wading river has always had a good rep. for service. Their is also Grand Am in Mastic, but don't know to much about their service dept.
John
John & Stephanie
Aquebogue, N.Y.
2016 Ford 4X4, Lariat
6.7, SRW, long bed
34' 5th wheel

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
What ever you do, think saftey, if you are not comfortable doing it, don't.
I do jack mine up and I was nervous at first, but you get better at it, nice to be able to watch someone and learn from them.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I place my bottle jack under the spring plate that's mounted to the axle. I buy new complete backing plate with new brakes already installed from etrailer.com

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Rolo2 wrote:
How big of a jack do you need to jack the trailer? We have a 40ft 5th wheeel.

be very careful how you jack your trailer up you can bend an axle placing the jack on the axle tube most recommend placing the jack under the frame and raising the trailer from there, problem is you have jack more or higher to get the wheel off the ground .
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
might call a mobil tech and ask them, they,ll come to you,

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
A 10 or 12 ton hydraulic is plenty, but if you don't know where or how to jack it, you probably should hot be doing it yourself. At least not the first time.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Rolo2
Explorer
Explorer
How big of a jack do you need to jack the trailer? We have a 40ft 5th wheeel.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a yelp page showing nearby RV repair places.

Click Here
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Discount tire or any good tire store will sell you tires. Brakes? Pretty simple DIY project. If your not capable, then a RV dealer will do it for you.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have any idea in your area. What hubby did was ordered the tires had them delivered to our house then took the wheels off 2 by 2 and had them mounted and balanced and then took the other 2 and repeated the process. As for brakes I think any tire shop could look at them if not a dealership. Good luck and Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W