cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tires for 5'r

TnTtravelers
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to trade in my old 2007 Everest fifth wheel but found that my SRW F350 isn't capable of towing the trailer we really want, so I'll be buying new tires for the old 5'r to get a little more use out of it till I eventually upgrade my TV.

So, being that the XPS ribs on the trailer now are over 10 years old (still in good appearance) I should replace the tires on the trailer before hitting the road. I haven't been keeping up on which tires are most reliable these days so I'm reaching out for suggestions or what to avoid and recommendations on what tires to purchase. I'd go with the XPS ribs again, as they've been very good and reliable tires, but I'd hate to invest that kind of money into a trailer that will likely be traded in within a year, so I'm thinking I should go with a more affordable ST this time, but still want the most reliable ST tire available.

Thanks in advance for any tire suggestions. We're planning a lengthily road trip in a couple of weeks so I will need to get some tires ordered up for the trailer right as soon as I can.
Tim and Tina (kudo too)
Livin' good, while the livin's good!

2005 Ford F350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Short box
2007 Everest 295TS 5th Wheel, Superglide hitch
JT Stabilizers;)
Firestone Air Suspension System
TST tire pressure mntr system
18 REPLIES 18

TnTtravelers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks, for your input.

GaryP, I do like the idea of "made in USA", hmm. Are the goodyears known for reliability?
Tim and Tina (kudo too)
Livin' good, while the livin's good!

2005 Ford F350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Short box
2007 Everest 295TS 5th Wheel, Superglide hitch
JT Stabilizers;)
Firestone Air Suspension System
TST tire pressure mntr system

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
GY Endurance made in USA

rich_and_char
Explorer
Explorer
I would look into the Sailuns S637's, I replaced my GY tires with them.
Many positive reviews. I personaly had no problems and replace with the same when the time comes. Much more cost effective also.

Rich,
2011 F-350/CC/LB/Drw/6.7L
2013 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS "Pearl Edition" Trail-Air Pin Box
Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th

Rollochrome
Explorer
Explorer
I did a write up on my recent search and purchase.

It's a few pages back.

Carlisle CSL 16 is what you want.
1999 Saved By Grace Alone Thru Faith Alone! Thank You Jesus!
2019 F-350 LWB 6.7 4wd XLT-FX4-3.31 on Michelin Defender LTX M/S
2022 3850BH Cruiser South Fork on Carlisle CSL 16