cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Toy Hauler

twbronco
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at purchasing a new 2016 Keystone Raptor Toy hauler 355TS. Good or bad?
7 REPLIES 7

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you are in the perfect position for a trailer like this! Enjoy!

twbronco
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, not worried about pulling it as I have a 2014 Ford F-350 long bed 6.7 diesel. This will be my first toy hauler with slides. I have heard they have been changing a lot on the construction of slides and I cant get a straight answer from any of the dealers.

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
CarlT100 wrote:
I believe in having too much truck rather thann lightly over loaded or right at the limit.

My sentiments also. That is exactly why I chose to stick with a smaller trailer. I have stood in the big 5th wheels on the dealer lot thinking "this would be awesome." But even more frequently I have been in the driver's seat of my truck telling my wife, "I am glad I didn't have to tow a huge trailer through that....(muddy road, hair pin curve, steep off-road down hill, cramped gas station, etc.)

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at that model and liked the floor plan but it didn't meet my two main specifications. It is almost 18000 lb loaded (dully territory) and it only has an 11 foot garage. I went with the 332TS instead.

See my write initial review here. 332TS
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
I like my 2015 Impact keyston toy hauler , with my 2500 LML Chevy Its pushing the limit for GRVW . I know when I load the Harley in the garage it takes some weight off the truck.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

CarlT100
Explorer
Explorer
I believe in having too much truck rather thann lightly over loaded or right at the limit.
Carl S
US Army Retired

'11 F-450, 6.7, 4X4, crewcab; '14 Fuzion Impact toyhauler
'12 Triumph Tiger 800XC; '03 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph TR6 Trophy 650cc
SWMBO: '13 HD Sportster; '06 Honda Big Ruckus

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like an awesome RV. I almost jumped up to something bigger than our current 23' Sandstorm. However, I started double-checking the salesman's numbers and I quickly realized my 2500 HD Duramax was going to be way overloaded. The 355TS has a shipping weight of 14,180lbs. By the book, that is going to require quite a truck to tow. Nonetheless, I see people pulling huge rigs with a truck like mine (and a boat behind it too) so I'm not sure what to believe.