cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New toy hauler

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Picked our first ever tt on Tuesday. Pull it back from Cinci with no problems. Actually surprised me as to how well it towed.

Never felt as if I was not in control. I did not feel any sway and after what I have read about trying to tow with my truck, I thought I would be blown all over the road.

Gonna try and post a picture but not sure if it will post. If not I will apologize in advance.

EDIT: Fixed the IMG tags for you.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler
5 REPLIES 5

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Once you load it up you may have to change your weight distribution on your hitch. Once you get it adjusted, you could paint the chain links your using for each, loaded and unloaded just to make it easier to identify when hitching up"

I am using a Eualizer E4 hitch so there will be no chains to worry about. You are correct tho, it will have to be adjusted once I load the bike in it.
cliffy49

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
"You pulled it home so it wasnt loaded and no toys in the rear. What kinda toys you loading?"

It will be loaded with an H-D Ultra Classic.
cliffy49

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Once you load it up you may have to change your weight distribution on your hitch. Once you get it adjusted, you could paint the chain links your using for each, loaded and unloaded just to make it easier to identify when hitching up.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
You pulled it home so it wasnt loaded and no toys in the rear. What kinda toys you loading?
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, it's a nice looking rig!

I can attest that our first trip with our old bumper pull Raptor and an F150 did not go nicely like yours, but that was a larger trailer and we dealt with high winds. I'm glad you had a good first trip home!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor