cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TV Tires

kohana
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering BFG All Terrain TA KO LT285/65R-18/E1 125R. Reviews are generally good but I have found no info on how they handle the weight of a 5er.
I would be interested in any towing experiences with this tire not restricted to my tire size.
2006 Ram 2500 Cummins, 6 sp manual, pacbrake
2011 Montana Mountaineer 335RET, Mor/ryde PB
Trailersaver BD3 hitch--Smooth ridin'
2 REPLIES 2

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
The BFG Commercial TA is generally one of the tires of choice. Along with Michelin XPS Rib and the Firestone Transforce? I currently have Michelin LT's under my fiver and am totally satisfied with them so far.

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Kohana, I have the BFG Rugged Trail tires that are 10 ply. They came on the truck. After about 74000 miles, I decided to put another set on as the first ones did serve me well. These probably have a slightly different tread pattern from the All Terrain but thought you might be able to compare since they are both BFG.
I had put a new set of the BFG TA Commercials on the 5er and due to a recall about 2 months after I put them on, I ended up with a set of Michelin XPS for the trailer. It helped that Michelin owns BFG. Tires on the truck are 10 ply and I think the same on the trailer. Good Luck shopping and Happy Camping.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member