cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Picked up the new 5er today.....wow

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
So our new 5er was delivered last week and after their walk through we picked it up today. I have to say the wife made a great choice, the thing is amazing.

We bought a Forest River Sierra 377FLIK. The front Livingroom is interesting. Tho we only sat in it for a little bit today. But it felt like we were in an actual condo type set up.

We still have to put everything away as it is still sitting in bags because we just didn't have time today to do it.
Did learn a few things. As I have always stated since we bought our first 5er we have never used our slider hitch. After today I can see us using it as the front end can is much further forward than our last.
Second the new truck is a lot higher and the 5er has a lower body as well because backing into our old driveway I hit the rail for my tonnue cover as I have never done that before.
We love the three couches and the huge bathroom. Wife says she can't wait to try out the king bed. The kitchen so far seems awesome with the huge fridge and island with the slide out having the table and chairs.
But we christened her the "Chimera" as we are all huge Star Wars fans and love Grand Admiral Thrawn. And she is one heck of a command ship. Haha

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system
22 REPLIES 22

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats! Wow that is one bad house on wheel.
2022 Ram Laramie 3500 6.7L CTD CCLB
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
congratulations! nice looking trailer and truck.

safe travels!!

wannabervin
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!!!! Hope to be doing the same within the next year. Moving from TT to a ful timing fifth wheel.

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just love the floor plan of the front living area...Kitchen at your back...All I can hear coming from that entertainment cave is " Where is my drink and put some dang chips in a bowl for me"...And I would just say "yes dear here you go...anything else I can get you?"

PMiller228
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice RV! We're looking at a few different brands and have looked at the Sierra/Sandpiper, Montana High Country as well as the Grand Design Reflection. We almost got a 371REBH last year. My wife and I love the residential refrigerators they put in those.
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Crew Cab w/ 6.7L Cummins
2017 Coachman Chapparal 390QSMB
Me, Wife, & 3 Boys

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:
Wife says she can't wait to try out the king bed.

Lucky you!

Lol!!!

Agreed! Beautiful rig and fifth wheel!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations for your new 5er. Nice looking unit.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:
Wife says she can't wait to try out the king bed.

Lucky you!

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. DW really likes the FL floor plan. Think our next 5er might be a FL, but that's 7+ yrs away. Who knows what they may have thought up by then.

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great and good match for your truck. Seems that the front living room units are a bit pin heavy.
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations and a beautiful 5th wheel you have!
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Looks really nice!
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Nice 5th wheel. Way too big for my truck and driveway or I'd be looking at something like that. Sierras seem to have a lot of bang for the buck.

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:

We bought a Forest River Sierra 377FLIK. The front Livingroom is interesting. Tho we only sat in it for a little bit today. But it felt like we were in an actual condo type set up.

Congrats and enjoy.

We love our JAYCO FL, as much room as our first efficency apartment. ๐Ÿ™‚
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!