cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Picked up the new 5er today.....wow

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
So our new 5er was delivered last week and after their walk through we picked it up today. I have to say the wife made a great choice, the thing is amazing.

We bought a Forest River Sierra 377FLIK. The front Livingroom is interesting. Tho we only sat in it for a little bit today. But it felt like we were in an actual condo type set up.

We still have to put everything away as it is still sitting in bags because we just didn't have time today to do it.
Did learn a few things. As I have always stated since we bought our first 5er we have never used our slider hitch. After today I can see us using it as the front end can is much further forward than our last.
Second the new truck is a lot higher and the 5er has a lower body as well because backing into our old driveway I hit the rail for my tonnue cover as I have never done that before.
We love the three couches and the huge bathroom. Wife says she can't wait to try out the king bed. The kitchen so far seems awesome with the huge fridge and island with the slide out having the table and chairs.
But we christened her the "Chimera" as we are all huge Star Wars fans and love Grand Admiral Thrawn. And she is one heck of a command ship. Haha

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system
22 REPLIES 22

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
A Beauty!!!!

Your bed clearance is too low, should be about 6". Then it won't make contact.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Dumoldles
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
We are actually camping in my fathers driveway.
Wife and kids are going down and once I'm out of work heading there as well.
So guess it counts as we are about 40 miles from home.

The town where we just moved to is giving us a hassle about a second driveway for it or widing the road so we can make the swing into ours.
So for now it stays stored at his residence but I have full hookups hahaha
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Looks very nice. Where ya camping this weekend?

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice!

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Nice
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
Super nice. I like the living room. Nice truck also, it matches the trailer nicely.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new rig!
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu