cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressuer washer

bikernut
Explorer
Explorer
my next door neighbor just got a 2700 psi pressure washer and I was wondering if I could use it on my rubber roof at the 40 degree nozzle without any danger to the roof, I know I would have to stay away from the roof vents and anything else that has sealant around them?
thanks for any help
2007 KZ New Vision 41kg Sportster toy Hauler
1995 FLTC
1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4
1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/19784 miles
2020 GMC Denali
2015 Harley Tri-guide
14 REPLIES 14

Doughboy12
Explorer
Explorer
One slip cleaning the wheeler and it was a new set of grips for me...glad grips are meant to be changed...rubber roofs, not so much.
I don't even clean the toys with it anymore...the deck, all the time. The sidewalk under the trees, makes it look like new. Soft stuff NEVER!
With a good pressure washer you have no more need for a saws-al.

Bad_Brad
Explorer
Explorer
I use my pressure washer on the roof of my Raptor two to three times per year. I first soak it down, scrub it with a brush, then rinse with high pressure. As others have noted, you need to be really careful, but I haven't found anything that does a better job.
2023 Ford F450 Lariat, 6.7 H.O., 10 Speed

2018 Grand Design Momentum 394
2010 Polaris RZR S
2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000
2 boys 26 & 23 yrs
A Super AWESOME Wife of 38 years

BBuchorn
Explorer
Explorer
One thing to think about is IF you blow through, you may not know it, until it starts leaking inside. Better use a brush.
Bbuchorn

atfulldraw
Explorer
Explorer
on the good side ... stupidity is not excluded as a cause of loss by most insurance policies.
2013 Voltage 3905
2012 Ford 350 King Ranch DRW 4x4
3 Lacy Dogs, Kayaks, Polaris Ranger, Fly rods, kitchen sink

thebudman
Explorer
Explorer
Oaklevel wrote:
Was talking too our dealer about someone who used a pressure washer on their cold trailer & all the side decals came off.......... Not recommended ........ could be a very expensive lesson...............

So I guess a sandblaster would be out of the question as well?
08 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6 sp manual
08 WW FK 2100
08 Rhino, 99 Honda TRX 400

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Was talking too our dealer about someone who used a pressure washer on their cold trailer & all the side decals came off.......... Not recommended ........ could be a very expensive lesson...............

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
NO
bumpy

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
I use my pressure washer on our toyhauler all the time, works great...My favorite tool. Just keep it a comfortable distance away, you'll be fine....

Tip: If you start to remove the roofing your too close
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
All it would take is one slip for that pressure washer to really ruin your day. 🙂 Why take a chance? It isn't something you do very often so why run the risk? I use a soft brush and it doesn't really take that long. It's a pain, but having to repair a tear when the nozzle got too close would be more of one IMO.

Just my $.02 worth.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Lay a 2x6 on the ground and see what a 2700 psi pressure washer can do to it...

Unless you can turn the pressure way down and keep the tip way back, you are asking for trouble...

There is not a roof manufacturer or RV manufacturer that comes even close to recommending using a pressure washer to clean your roof.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

akcooper9
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
if you can't use a soft brush on it like the manufactures recommend, then get ready to put on a new roof. it only takes one screw up to get a new roof.

Agree. I use the same brush I wash the truck with on the rv roof.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if you can't use a soft brush on it like the manufactures recommend, then get ready to put on a new roof. it only takes one screw up to get a new roof.

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Only a few things i would use a pressure washer on. That would not be one of them.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

shawnct450r
Explorer
Explorer
I was on the roof of mine blasting away with my 3k unit a couple weeks ago. I was using the 30 or 45 degree nozzle - not sure which, but it's the middle of five and is rather safe. Worked great. I have the Generac unit. You should be safe with that pressure and wide nozzle.
04 F250 FX4 Diesel
06 WW LE3305
06 Honda TRX450R (CT Racing)
04 Suzuki LTZ250 (Son's stunt machine)
06 Suzuki LT50
05 Honda VFR800A