cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the Trigger on a Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
So I've been lurking in the fifth wheel forum for a while, and now can actually join in!

Have been looking at fifth wheels ever since I upgraded my TV, and finally decided it was time to make a move. So I cleaned up the 2012 Coleman (my handle origination), did the roof preventative maintenance and listed it on Craigslist, pricing it after researching competing models.

It sold in less than 24 hours at my price, the new owner picked it up over the weekend. Soooo, with that, we went to our dealer the same day, and by chance they had the model we were interested in, and had toured a few times, along with others.

We went with a price range in mind and were ready to walk - got a reasonable offer from them, then countered with 30% off their sticker price, and the cost of a front bedroom AC installed. They countered half the AC cost, so we took the deal, and will get delivery mid month.

So - now to my (first) question. I currently have 30 amp service at my house - used it for the previous TT. Can I use a pigtail to connect 50 amp fifth wheel cord to my 30 amp plug and just run one AC - or do I need to upgrade the plug to 50?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
7 REPLIES 7

Go_Dawgs1
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my 303 for about 18 months and love it. Happy Camping
2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
For a ton of information on your Reflection, come on over to the https://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/forum.php Grand Design Forum.

It does cost $12 a year, but it will be the best $12 you ever spent.

I am orbiker over there too. KEN
Thanks! I have a user profile set up on that site, but no posts yet. It only costs the 12 bucks if you want permission to post a picture - if I understand correctly.

Although impressed with the GD, I was blown away when touring the 303 with the power on. The motion sensor lights that turn on when you go into the bathroom and open the pantry was the icing on the cake for my wife.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
For a ton of information on your Reflection, come on over to the https://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/forum.php Grand Design Forum.

It does cost $12 a year, but it will be the best $12 you ever spent.

I am orbiker over there too. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice! You're going to have a great camping season with a new rig like that.
FWIW, I run my 50A rv off 30A. Unless your going to be running 2 AC I wouldn't worry about the 30A.

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
You can run the A/C with a 30 amp outlet. We have our trailer at home and put in a 30 amp RV outlet when we had our previous trailer. It works just fine with our 50 amp trailer.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think a 30 amp plug would have little trouble running both a/c units so long as they don't start together. Let one start before turning on the second.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sure, that will work.

Jerry