cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raptor toy hauler generator compartment gets to hot..

Raptor410lev350
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone found a fix for this problem I already had the baffle recall done and that wasn't the problem. It's the right hand side of the generator at the bottom where the heat blows back into the compartment with the door shut.. Quick fix just heat tape the area where the heat is blowing out and problem will be fixed...
7 REPLIES 7

dpkimmel2001
Explorer
Explorer
My generator compartment on my Raptor was getting so hot that it warped the door. I had the door replaced as well as some recall fix done to completely separate the two areas underneath. The recall fix eliminated the intense heat problem. They definitely had an issue with some of their more recent installs. Enough so that they issued a recall.
2013 Raptor 300MP
2008 GMC 2500 6.6 DMax SuperCrew

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 3 different toyhaulers here in the desert and have never had a problem. Is it overheating or just seems hot to you?
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

Quick_trip
Explorer
Explorer
Set up a small 12 volt fan to help blow the hot air out while the generator is running?
OR: an electric fan plugged into the gen set which shuts off when the gen shuts down!
(Remember; the problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're done!)
Good Luck & Drive safe!

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the installation manual for the generator? Was it installed properly? Take your model number and look up the installation manual on the Onan RV website and verify it was installed properly.

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is not completely sealed and I run it in this desert heat. No problems. Our definition of hot is a little different than most places, LOL.
Glen
Truma tankless WH
2011 RZR 900xp

Raptor410lev350
Explorer
Explorer
It does vent out the bottom problem is the heat isn't all venting out the bottom it blowing into the compartment unless you seal it up it's going to get to hot in the compartment...

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't vent out the bottom? If not it should.
Glen
Truma tankless WH
2011 RZR 900xp