cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing furnature

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a 40' Cameo and the faux furniture is pealing and want to replace it. Anyone replace chairs and couch in their RV with a reasonable good quality unit. The couch bed has only been slept in 1X. Sorry to have to trash it because the fake leather did not hold up. We are looking for 2 recliners and the couch/bed combo if we can.
We are now looking for fabric. ? Microfiber.
20 REPLIES 20

salem
Explorer
Explorer
We've been looking for two chairs to replace our current ones for the last three years or so. Like one poster said, it has to fit thru the door. We've given up. Took our two chairs to an upholstery shop today to have them re cushioned. A lot cheaper than new ones.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Edd505 wrote:
Go to any furniture store and find something you like, it just has to fit through the door. Many of the recliners & couches have removable backs so it's easy to get them in.
X2 This is exactly what we did and couldn't be happier.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Go to any furniture store and find something you like, it just has to fit through the door. Many of the recliners & couches have removable backs so it's easy to get them in.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Probably no problem replacing anything. but just watch the weight. Much RV furniture is lower quality than home furniture, due to the weight. We have taken out the couch, and replaced with a swing rocker which DW really likes.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
I have a real leather recliner I bought at Costco for $300. We have to turn it sideways so the slide will clear it when on the move. It also has to be pulled from the wall for full recline which is not a problem for us. Very comfortable, nap-worthy.

Our Carriage furniture also failed.
Don't they all;) I don't even bother with the Bonded leather anymore I just get Microfiber Recliners and a bonus Cats hate Clawing on them:B
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I have a real leather recliner I bought at Costco for $300. We have to turn it sideways so the slide will clear it when on the move. It also has to be pulled from the wall for full recline which is not a problem for us. Very comfortable, nap-worthy.

Our Carriage furniture also failed.