cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residential RV Parks

Rollin
Explorer
Explorer
I've been wondering what parks in California could you stay in for four to six months at a time. The idea of purchasing a 5th wheeel and living in one park in the summer and another in the winter sounds appealing to me. Where could a person find such a list of these parks?
12 REPLIES 12

reddwar
Explorer
Explorer
I am not ready to homestead a spot on the salton sea but $1,200+ a mo. is a little rich for my blood. There are a lot of nice parks out there for around half that price.

red

davidaf
Explorer
Explorer
Several people out here at Rancho California RV Resort in the city of Aguanga (east of Temecula) rent their spaces out on a month to month or daily basis if buying a lot doesn't appeal. We own a lot and move back and forth between Orange County, Aguanga and other points. I need to be local to O.C. a couple weeks out of the month. A couple O.C. places we stay often are Newport Dunes and Canyon RV park in Anaheim both rent long term spaces by the month, weekly or daily.

As for a list, I don't think there is one for just long term spots. it's more like hunt and peck, simply call them and ask what their terms are.
2016 - Heartland Landmark Newport
2006 - Lance 1181
2005 - Fleetwood Prowler AX6 365BSQS - San Felipe Mexico Getaway!
2016 - Ram 3500 DRW

jackandh2o
Explorer
Explorer
Golden Village Palms in Hemet would be another good choice.

Ray

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
SoCalDesertRider wrote:
Paradise RV Resort in Oceanside is a nice place to stay, right by the beach. ๐Ÿ™‚

There's an RV park in Palm Desert, north side of I-10 near Washington street that's very nice too. I forget the name.
This one?

http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/
That's not the one I'm thinking of, though it does look quite nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

The one I'm thinking of is a little further to the west, exit off Washington Street, in Palm Desert, or Bermuda Dunes. It's just down the north frontage road of the I-10 (possibly called Varner), a little to the west of the Motel-6 and Del Taco, between Washington and Cook. On the east side of Washington along the same frontage road, there is a Ford dealer, among others.

Hmmm... Maybe it's called Bermuda Dunes RV Resort, or something like that. It's a bit expensive and requires a membership, but it's very nice.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
luvglass wrote:
Most RV parks will rent on a monthly basis and a lot of them welcome long term stays.

X2. I never rent a spot for less than a month and often stay for 6 months at a time in some places. I sometimes get a discount if I stay a certain length of time. For example, I'm currently staying at a park on a lake here in Florida. I get a discount off the monthly rent by agreeing to stay 5 months.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoCalDesertRider wrote:
Paradise RV Resort in Oceanside is a nice place to stay, right by the beach. ๐Ÿ™‚

There's an RV park in Palm Desert, north side of I-10 near Washington street that's very nice too. I forget the name.

This one?

http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer

01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are many parks in just as many areas that offer daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal (4,5,6, or 12 month) rates. Generally the longer you stay the lower the price. Many will require you to pay your own electric on longer stays. Prices for a 6 month stay can range from several thousand to 5 or 6 thousand depending on what services the park offers. Many of us Winter in the warmer climates and travel in the North during the summer. Just let you mouse do the clicking.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

luvglass
Explorer
Explorer
Most RV parks will rent on a monthly basis and a lot of them welcome long term stays.
Fred Wishnie
2006 Carriage Cameo 35KS3, 2006 Ford F350 diesel dually, fulltimer
See our blog at http://www.mytripjournal.com/wanderingwishnies

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
That is a nice resort! That would be a great retirement community for sure.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
There are some here in Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs that spend winter here and then travel or go to Outdoor Resorts Temecula for the summer. It is a few thousand feet higher and much cooler. Some neighbours we know seem to move three or four times a year and follow the climate they like all within a few hundred mile of here. Not sure if you are renting or buying but lots here start around 50,000 and head north of 175,000. Not sure what prices are in the one in Temecula. Good luck.

Typical golf course lot in ORPS. (Ours) Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs

Looking down the main 18 holes.

Mount San Jacinto in the back ground.

Typical clubhouse. (There are two)

Entrance way.

Pool and Restaurant. One of 9 (pools that is)

Front entrance flowers.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help you in California but these places exist in Florida and are abundant. I'm sure someone week chime in with recommendations.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold