cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sattelite install in GD Solitude

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed a sattilite TV in a Solitude? Just picked up a tailgater along with a Dish "controller"! In looking at setup, it appears there are two coax runs, one for cable, the other for sattilite, if I come in on one to the controller I should be able to go out on the other so that I power all tv's with one box? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
The sat coaxial on the outside will work for the tailgater , as long as its RG6 , probably is
I`d guess you have a winegard cover with a amp switch on it , small light when its on , the line that goes to the bed room is tied in on the back of it , if you connect that to the coaxial "out to tv" on the sat box you will have standard def tv in the bed room
If you want high def you need a second sat box and another tailgater or a dish that will run two recivers .
Or a HDMI splitter and a long HDMI cable run to the bed rm , with this you will mirror the signal on the main tv ,
If you mirror the signal in either standard or high def you can use theseto control the sat reciver in another rm

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
wouldn't you need to have the tailgator run into the 5er via the sat in to the tv location were you want to put the dish receiver; then at that tv location (living rm for example) take the rg6 out from the receiver and input that in to the cable line

wouldn't that then light up the cable for the other tv location (the cable line in the bed room for example would then get the same content as in the living room)
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

jackmccormick
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2004 Dutchman, 29 footer. I bought a Tailgater and didn't want to take chances on connections, not working, so had dealer install Winegard wall plate Model RV-7542. It has two posts, one says AUX/Sat and lower post, TV. Cost $36.00. I use upper connection for Tailgater (AUX/SAT) and works great. When park, has cable, can't remember which post I use and you do have to by pass Tailgater receiver. Also, DISH techs, have been good help. I think most of the newer RVs, have the two post system, installed.. Good luck..