cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Should I purchase an RV warranty?

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
So we singed our paperwork last night and do the final walk through today.
It was asked by camping world if I wanted to purchase the 7 year extended warranty by Good Sam for $1800.00

I am asking as a general question is this a good move?

House keeping;
We plan on keeping the trailer for about 8-10 years, if we decide to sell before the 7 year term is up then we are refunded the difference ($22/month)
This is our first 5th wheel
Jayco offers a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty
10 year floor
5 year roof???

Deductibles:
100 if not at comparing world
50 if at a camping world location

Thoughts please
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML
: Fass 150 Lift Pump, Tuned, Firestone Airbags/incab controller, AFE intake, MBRP down pipe

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'
36 REPLIES 36

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it bothers me that we can out a man on the moon but RV manufacturers can't seem to be able to put out a consistent product. They keep going up in price but with the AC units fridges roof issues you think there would be some form of quality control. Now do I expect them to build industrial type units, of course not but unfortunately it seems like unless you spend over 90k your essentially getting some lower end fit and finish. I still have a chance to purchase the ext war but to be honest after the fiasco of a buying process and essentially being lied to multiple times I may seek something from good Sam directly or shop around.
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML
: Fass 150 Lift Pump, Tuned, Firestone Airbags/incab controller, AFE intake, MBRP down pipe

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I used mine a few times, new ac unit etc.. so it worked out for me.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
Only True Mosnowman wrote:
I never buy extended warranties but for some reason ended up buying it from Good Sams at Camping World for my new 2014 Keystone Cougar. I agree most of the time you will never get your money back BUT...

MY Touch Screen Control Panel went out already on my 2014 model!!! Camping World informed me it was out of warranty and would cost over $1,000 to replace. I reminded them that I had the extended warranty and my understanding is I will receieve a bill for $50 bucks! So for me it was definitely worth it!!

Moral of the story....Keystone Cougars should be built better to last more than a year without problems! Also Keystone should back their product. If Keystone Reps are reading this I know and ypu know the touch screens have caused numerous customers a lot of headaches. Do an internet search and you will see! I lve my 327RES but due to Keystones irresponsibility in taking care of its customers this will be the last Keystone I ever buy.

terrible I am sorry this is the result you had. Hope i do not have similar issues. RVs seem to be rolling heartaches of issues. Has me less than confident for sure.
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

Only_True_Mosno
Explorer
Explorer
I never buy extended warranties but for some reason ended up buying it from Good Sams at Camping World for my new 2014 Keystone Cougar. I agree most of the time you will never get your money back BUT...

MY Touch Screen Control Panel went out already on my 2014 model!!! Camping World informed me it was out of warranty and would cost over $1,000 to replace. I reminded them that I had the extended warranty and my understanding is I will receieve a bill for $50 bucks! So for me it was definitely worth it!!

Moral of the story....Keystone Cougars should be built better to last more than a year without problems! Also Keystone should back their product. If Keystone Reps are reading this I know and ypu know the touch screens have caused numerous customers a lot of headaches. Do an internet search and you will see! I lve my 327RES but due to Keystones irresponsibility in taking care of its customers this will be the last Keystone I ever buy.
2018 Montana 3721RL

2018 Ford F350 Diesel

Life Comes Down to a Simple Choice...Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying...

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
shadows4 wrote:
DrtEMaxChvy wrote:

Looks great Cody!!!!

Thank you. Been spending all weekend preping and getting it loaded up. Generators prepped black water hoses set up in a container. Drinking hoses and filters prepped. Bedding made cubbords filled with pots and pans and plates and cups etc etc. going light weight for sure. Toiletries all set up the whole 9. Feeling good. Hopefully taking it north of Santa Fe NM this weekend.
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrtEMaxChvy wrote:

Looks great Cody!!!!
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Noooooooo
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you

2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrtEMaxChvy wrote:
HERE YOU ALL GO WOOT WOOT....

\\

Try this link. Here.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
Or now lol
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
Added to my signature. now you all can see the complete set up.....I hope !
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
Clearly it did not let me post the picture lol
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'

DrtEMaxChvy
Explorer
Explorer
HERE YOU ALL GO WOOT WOOT....

\\
2014 Silveraydo 2500 LML

2016 Jayco 29.5 BHDS 34'