Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silverback questions

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi

I am interested in a Silverback and have a few questions.

1. Do they have an extended pin box and radiused front cap so that a short bed truck will work?

2. Is the 12'11" height listed including the front bedroom a/c? If not what is the height with a/c?

3. Is this a Lippert frame and if so it is approved for use with the Reese Goosebox?

4. Is it prepped for a generator or can you get that option?

Thanks
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs
10 REPLIES 10

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
SH wrote:
johndeerefarmer wrote:
I ended up ordering a Columbus 295RL. It should be here sometime in March. Since I have sold all of my hay making equipment I will have about a month extra of free time a year to camp.

Good for you! Enjoy the rig and your extra camping time!

Thanks, I baled my own hay for 25 years. I decided it was time to get serious about having more fun
Happy New Year!
GD Reflection 29rs

SH
Explorer
Explorer
johndeerefarmer wrote:
I ended up ordering a Columbus 295RL. It should be here sometime in March. Since I have sold all of my hay making equipment I will have about a month extra of free time a year to camp.

Good for you! Enjoy the rig and your extra camping time!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo 🙂

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
GD Reflection 29rs

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks very much.
GD Reflection 29rs

ours
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2015 Silverback 33 ft IK and pull with my Silverado 2500 d HD. Yes, a short box. I also purchased a pullrite superglide 2900 for a hitch. It all works great so far. 🙂

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
Most likely, you have too much pin weight for a SRW short bed truck. Most Silver Backs are in the range of a DRW and they are only in long beds (except for the Dodge Mega Cab.

You want the height measured when the trailer is hitched to the truck.

Generator prep is usually an option. Check the manufactures literature.

The Goose Box is just another form of a goose neck adapter. Check with the RV manufacturer if they approve the use of a goose Box.

Ken

A 2014 Ram 3500 CC SB 4x4 has 4000lbs of payload. Silverback has 6 models. The 1st 4 have dry pins ranging from 1615lbs to 2070lbs. They have dry weights ranging from 9790lbs to 10829lbs. Hardly a DRW required 5th.

Looks likr the OP got his answers on the FR forum. FWIW I'm sure the F350 is plenty of truck for the Silverback.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful trailers. Love to have one.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks.
I got responses from Silverback. The gooseneck adapter will void the warranty.
The genny prep is not an option.
GD Reflection 29rs

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely, you have too much pin weight for a SRW short bed truck. Most Silver Backs are in the range of a DRW and they are only in long beds (except for the Dodge Mega Cab.

You want the height measured when the trailer is hitched to the truck.

Generator prep is usually an option. Check the manufactures literature.

The Goose Box is just another form of a goose neck adapter. Check with the RV manufacturer if they approve the use of a goose Box.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
johndeerefarmer wrote:
Hi

I am interested in a Silverback and have a few questions.

1. Do they have an extended pin box and radiused front cap so that a short bed truck will work?yes

2. Is the 12'11" height listed including the front bedroom a/c? If not what is the height with a/c?if it has one yes

3. Is this a Lippert frame and if so it is approved for use with the Reese Goosebox?no

4. Is it prepped for a generator or can you get that option?depends on the unit

Thanks