cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out floor glue

blantonmr
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, my 5th wheel main slide out floor rotted due to bad trim and window leak. It was actually bad when I bought it but am trying to replace floor now. I'm going back with plywood instead of OSB but needed to know what to use to glue my floor back down. It has a 3/16" plywood bottom and 1/4" OSB top floor with 3/4" Styrofoam in between. What I scraped off looked like liquid nails but not for sure. The floor frame is aluminum so it needs to stick to it and also the Styrofoam.

Thanks so much,
Mike

2000 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri XL
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
19 REPLIES 19

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I second the additional photos. I have used an adhesive called Lexel on various projects with good results. Thanks

jajefmly
Explorer
Explorer
Look into a urethane adhesive which isn't affected by vibration, cold, or heat, or moisture it will adhere the plywood to thr aluminum nicely. Also research what adhesive will not have a reaction with styrofoam.
Good luck!
Tom & Mary
2013 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ

blantonmr
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
There is a 'subfloor' version of liquid nails, that is what I'd use. You can find it at a big box hardware store.

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri XL
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison

Memphisdoug
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just curious, are you rebuilding the entire slide or were you able to get the floor structure out without dismantling the rest of the slide? From the looks of this photo you must be rebuilding the whole thing. I would really like to see photos as you progress.
2006 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab
2006 Crossroads Paradise Pointe 36RL

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is a 'subfloor' version of liquid nails, that is what I'd use. You can find it at a big box hardware store.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper