cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide problem

boatmanusa
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Jayco Pinnacle with 4 slides. The largest dinning-livingroom slide goes out no problem but when retracting it moves 3 to 4 inches then stops and repeats this until it is over the hump and then retracts all the way. When I first bought it the dealer tech said it was the batteries so I replaced them with 6 volt...not the solution.. then they told me it was the 50 amp rely switches, so I replaced them..same problem. I replaced the 20 amp self resetting fuse that runs that slide out.. same problem..Why is it shutting down and re setting itself. I ve used it this way for a year.. just would like to get it fixed. Any help would be great.. thanks JIm
4 REPLIES 4

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
Mike E. wrote:
My brother-in-law had an issue with his large slide (cable-driven) that had him pulling his hair out.
Had it at the dealer to get it remedied, and they naturally just did a simple check of it and said, "It's good to go"
BIL then asked if they could go check it out and have the slide operated while he watched.
Same as yours, it would start to retract, then seemingly "bog down", and once over the hump it would continue in.
After a few cycles, BIL noticed that the weather-seal along the bottom was being pulled in when the slide retracted and the rubber was actually being forced over the rollers.....hence, the "hump" that it had to overcome.
The tech said, "Huh" and then proceeded to trim back the seal by the rollers, and voila, a smooth operating slide.

Might be worth a look in your case.

Very good idea, it also could be something has got in the way, maybe something fallen down and interfering, even a wire could come loose and hang down.

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
My brother-in-law had an issue with his large slide (cable-driven) that had him pulling his hair out.
Had it at the dealer to get it remedied, and they naturally just did a simple check of it and said, "It's good to go"
BIL then asked if they could go check it out and have the slide operated while he watched.
Same as yours, it would start to retract, then seemingly "bog down", and once over the hump it would continue in.
After a few cycles, BIL noticed that the weather-seal along the bottom was being pulled in when the slide retracted and the rubber was actually being forced over the rollers.....hence, the "hump" that it had to overcome.
The tech said, "Huh" and then proceeded to trim back the seal by the rollers, and voila, a smooth operating slide.

Might be worth a look in your case.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Have you lubricated the slide mechanism? If not, that will reduce current a fair bit and make them move faster. Either use a Slide out lube available at RV stores or just go to an auto parts store and get some dry film lubricant - which is the same thing.t
In many cases people have fixed this issue by installing two breakers in parallel. In some cases even the factory has suggested this fix.