cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide Seal Not Properly Attached. Fix Myself? Or Warranty

Gordon_R
Explorer
Explorer
We recently did our first shakedown cruise of our new 2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L.

Only 2 problems found.

Bathroom door knob latch does not line up with door frame plate. I can fix that.

On the living room slide, I have a 1 foot section of side rubber seal that is not secured under the molding. I'm a bit hesitant to take the screwed strip off to attempt to reattach the seal. Should I tackle this? Or, take it to the dealer - wait - and have them repair it. It would be covered under warranty.

If it came loose again, I might have problems with warranty, I think, if I mess with it myself.

Opinions?

GORDON & LORI
U.S. Coast Guard Chief (Retired)

2016 Ford Crew Cab Lariat F-350) w/6.7 Diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Semper Paratus

8 REPLIES 8

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call and ask when you can take it in,AND WAIT for the repair. or just do it don,t look like a big job.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to have the rig out of my control. I would razor the sealant, loosen the screws and pull the seal back into place. Tighten the screws and reseal the lip and call it a 1/2 hour job well done. But that is just me, your mileage may vary.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does self repair void the warranty?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I know myself...I'd fix it myself because it's an easy one.
But, I'd probably call the dealer and tell them about the problem and see what they suggest.

If they approve it, I'd repair it...but if you take it in, it's a half hour job. You could just wait and take it home again. There should be no need to leave it...as long as you have an appointment.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I would have them fix it for future warranty concerns.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Warranty because they will blame it on you and deny any further help with the problem.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
IMMEDIATELY make a claim, let them know. don't start tearing things apartb
bumpy

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Going anywhere for the next 2 or 3 weeks? Itโ€™s all about the wait.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk