cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sliding Glass Door Removal

mackyb
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 10' garage in my TH that is separated from the living area with sliding glass patio doors. I would like to remove the sliding doors to be able to fit a RZR 1000 XP in the garage and was wondering if anyone else had done this in their TH and how much of a pain it was to remove them from their tracks?
3 REPLIES 3

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what they look like and can only guess since I'm not right there looking at the door, but it's possible the doors and frame are all one unit. The doors will not lift off. In order to remove, the entire frame of the sliding doors needs to come out as one piece. Kind of like installing or removing a sliding patio door in a house. I'm just guessing, but you may have to tear stuff apart to get it out, frame and all.

mackyb
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I did. The top & bottom track seem to be deeper than in residential construction. I understand why it is made this way but want to find out how to remove them if anyone has ever done this. I plan to call the dealer and possibly the manufacturer next week to find out if removing them myself is a possibility.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try lifting them up and out?
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141