cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So far, so good!!!

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wife and I went and checked on the 5th wheel at the storage lot yesterday. No mice!!!! And no sign of any intrusion.

I spent a lot of time trying to stop them from getting in the 5er. We have had some every year for the last 4 years. I have sealed every possible entry I could see. Still had mice. This year I looked again under the 5er. Only possible place I could see was through the fresh air hose for the furnace. I had covered it with a wire mesh but I guess it wasn't fine enough. I removed the hose and covered the hole through the floor with a piece of plywood. No mice, yea!!!

We are going to Branson for 4 nights after Christmas. I was dreading the thought of having to clean the 5er of mouse droppings. Looks like I won't have to do it. Life is good. LOL
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
8 REPLIES 8

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you found the place. They make such a mess. Enjoy a clean trailer.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
That's great! We had the pleasure of getting rats into our fiver at the time several years ago and I'm sure you can imagine how nasty that was. :M. We need to go check our fiver but it should be ok because the underbelly is much better sealed and it is in indoor storage.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
I use about 30 bounce fabric softner's throughout the RV. In drawers, storage compartments, under sinks and zero mice. Also makes the rv smell nice.
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We also keep the little boxes of mouse bait in several places, and check them regular for signs of activity.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Peg Leg wrote:
Ah, 4 yrs experience. I forsee you becoming the official mouse moderator.

Ah...... I hope not. To quote a famous cat, " I hate meeces to pieces!" LOL
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, 4 yrs experience. I forsee you becoming the official mouse moderator.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I am not endorsing them, but we have several of the plug-in electric mouse repellers that we leave plugged in while the rig is stored at home with 110v power connected. Like I said I am not endorsing, but haven't had any mouse problems. Nor Elephants.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is nice that you found no "visitors", especially since you have had a history with them.Enjoy your trip. Safe Travels!