cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Source for Maxxis tires?

alanmikkelsen
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a national or regional tire chain that sells Maxxis tires? I'm not real keen on paying $40 freight/tire to have them delivered. In fact, I won't. So does anyone know of a national or regional tire chain that sells them?
Of all the liars in the world, the fisherman is the most trustworthy...
13 REPLIES 13

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Just FYI in case others are looking.

Last year, I got mine from one of the Plains Tires dealerships. They are a Wyoming regional chain.

Tim

alanmikkelsen
Explorer
Explorer
Update, my local tire shop is getting a set of Maxxis ST8008,load range E, tomorrow and I'm having them installed Saturday morning. $140/tire, mounted and balanced.
Of all the liars in the world, the fisherman is the most trustworthy...

PhoneDude_8289
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my Maxxis 8008's at discount tire. Ordered them one day and installed the next. Tires were 3 months old when installed on my RV
8289WS
Ram 2500 TCD SB 4WD

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Learjet wrote:
last time I ordered from Discount tire the tires I got were 1 month less than 2 years old.

I would check the dates first...or give these folks a try.

http://www.performanceplustire.com/tires-for-sale/maxxis-tires?show=ALL

If they gave you tires that were that old, I hope they gave you a discount.

I just got tires for my boat trailer. The tires were 10 monhts old and they gave me a 20% discount.

They offered a Discount on the next purchase, never followed up when the didn't send the info. Customer service could have been better.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
The last time I ordered them they were nearly a year old when received.. The warranty is for 5 years from date of manuf. So 20% of my warranty was gone. It won't happen again.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Learjet wrote:
last time I ordered from Discount tire the tires I got were 1 month less than 2 years old.

If they gave you tires that were that old, I hope they gave you a discount.

I just got tires for my boat trailer. The tires were 10 monhts old and they gave me a 20% discount.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
alanmikkelsen wrote:
Is there a national or regional tire chain that sells Maxxis tires? I'm not real keen on paying $40 freight/tire to have them delivered. In fact, I won't. So does anyone know of a national or regional tire chain that sells them?

Ordered mine last year from:
www.discounttiredirect.com

$608 for 4 tires. I had a local shop mount and balance them - have about 3000 miles on them so far - wear is even and no issues with them so far.

4 Maxxis M8008 ST Radial BS Trailer Tire
ST235/80 R16 124 E1 BSW
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you tried the dealer finder on Maxxis' website?
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any reputable tire dealer or store can get them but most will try and sway you to purchase the ST tire that gives them the largest profit margin which of course they have in stock. I have several good friends that are mechanics, a couple work for major dealerships and one works for a tiny garage/gas station, either can get any tire including Maxxis within a couple of days.

I went the online route when we purchased our current set of Maxxis ST tires over 4 years ago and used DiscountTireDirect.com as suggested above. They were delivered to my front door 3 days later for free via UPS. Took them to our local Discount Tire and had them mounted and balanced and warrantied.

Last year I wanted to replace our spare with a Maxxis and tire dealer once again try to sway me to another brand as they didn't have Maxxis in stock. I told him I guess I have to go online and started walking out the store, amazingly he stated he could attain a Maxxis tire by the next day. Sure enough he called by 9:00am and we had the Maxxis mounted on our spare an hour later.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at your location Idaho/Montana....you probably have a Les Schwab nearby. That's where I got mine..

They ordered them and I had them installed 2 days later..
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

bad99ram
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/maxxis/size/bySize.do?cs=235&ar=80&rd=16&fl=t

Free shipping

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
While Discount Tire doesn't keep them in stock, they can order them for you. The only issue with that is if you need an immediate replacement while on the road, it won't be with a Maxxis.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA