cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Superglide Install

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone do their own install and can comment on difficulty and time it took?

I'm looking at the 4100 (16K lb) model with underbed rail system. The entire package from Tweety's including capture plate is just over ~$1500 to my door.

Also if anyone has had theirs installed by a reputable shop what can you expect to pay?
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
37 REPLIES 37

gpshemi
Explorer
Explorer
I almost did that too, but I got them in. Just didnt make it straight forward is all.
GPSHEMI

06' 3500 Dodge Ram Megacab 4x4 w/ bombed 5.9L
18K Pullrite SuperGlide w/super rails
2010 Heartland Cyclone 3612

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
gpshemi wrote:
Installed mine myself. I drilled a small hole first to see if it was on center, then drilled the big hole to compensate. Was fairly straight frward. I did run into a glitch though with my airbag mounts trying to clamp over the hitch plates. They use the same section of frame.

We got the Superglide in on my boys 2013 Ford F150 then the next day we went and trimmed the bracket for the air bag mounts and weld them to the superglide bracket at the same location that they should be and was a simpler job then we expected. they are the 2500lb bags not the 5000lb and they do the trick.
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Such a feeling to drill that hole in the bed of your brand new truck! Did both my trucks myself and it was no biggie. Best advice is measure 5 times, drill once....
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

gpshemi
Explorer
Explorer
Installed mine myself. I drilled a small hole first to see if it was on center, then drilled the big hole to compensate. Was fairly straight frward. I did run into a glitch though with my airbag mounts trying to clamp over the hitch plates. They use the same section of frame.
GPSHEMI

06' 3500 Dodge Ram Megacab 4x4 w/ bombed 5.9L
18K Pullrite SuperGlide w/super rails
2010 Heartland Cyclone 3612

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
I will do that on the property with my boy we both have one we love them just have that on limitation.
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
Just takes a few times of fine tuning your spot to lower the head back into the hitch..Not hard at all..Try it in a parking lot somewhere before you "have" to do it.

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
how difficult is it to get the head aligned lets say at the extreme condition of 90 degrees? I have one occasion that I can run into this problem where the camping sites are parallel.
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a superglide with frame brackets by myself on 2011 f350. Took 4-5 hours .Hardest part is figuring where to drill bed holes.Measure twice cut once.My brother had his profess installed and they messed up bed holes.He ended up with oval holes cuz they had to redrill.Take your time.Its straight forward.

You can hitch and unhitch at greater then 16 degrees as stated by another poster.Just have to remove head when hitching or unhitching.You can unhitch at a 90 doing the head removal..Ive done it..

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
B.Sjulestad wrote:
I had mine installed by the place I purchased from. $1300 installed.

Yikes!.:)

Wow!

Holy hockmier, Batman - $600. an hour!!

That included the hitch

Hmmm - re-read the thread starter's question. (I did too)

The OP asked for info from folks who did their own installation.

He also asked what you would expect to pay if a shop did the install.

But - seems you got an excellent price on a "package" deal..:C
(But still no price posted for the shop install)

BTW - amazing how many posters didn't answer the question either -
just helpful? suggestions to buy brand XYZ...:R..

~

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
I just installed a Pullrite SG #4100 into my 2012 Silverado 3500. I used the Super Rail under bed brackets. The install is pretty easy, take your time and measure everything carefully. It took me about 4hrs with no help. The instructions are very good, use them. Shops around my neck of the woods wanted $500 to install!!

Use tape and a 1/16" drill to locate the holes. I was lucky, all my holes were centered within the post holes.

Rails installed onto the truck, no drilling was required.

The hitch installed in the bed of the truck. I disassembled the hitch, makes it a lot easier to handle!

jbcason
Explorer
Explorer
Infinityrver wrote:
Check out the Demco Super Slide. You don't need a capture plate. Each time you purchase a different 5er you won't need to get another $ 150.00 capture plate.

The Demco will be my next slider unit.

I second super slide. I have one and like the fact of no capture plate. That way if someone needs to pull it with a regular fifth wheel they can. It works great also.

danberg36
Explorer
Explorer
I did install this exact setup. As others have posted, it took a fair amount of time, but was not real hard. I have a ford F250, and my frame mounts used several factory holes for bolts and as reference. The directions were good, and accurate. I like to do my own work as I don't exactly trust other installers, and this is a critical install. You will need a torque wrench. The most tricky part is drilling the holes in the bed once you have the frame mounts installed. These have to be exact measurements. Recommend reviewing the install manual at the Pullrite website. I also installed Firestone 5000# airbags at the same time to accommodate the hitch weight of our soon to purchase 5'er. Good Luck.

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine in, took about 3hrs but I am a heavy structure acft mechanic and this was
nothing compared to what I have to fix
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Install underbelly brackets -- tighten slightly. Cover with masking tape on top. Calculate location and mark per instructions. Drill 1/8 inch hole in center of each. Remove brackets and calculate adjustment if needed, by viewing holes in masking tape. Drill holes in bed, mount brackets. Remember the bed holes are not crazy critical, they just need to clear the vertical pins. You can always grind off a bit, but you want them as close as possible.

Mount pins then rails in truck. With winch (or very heavy wench) lower hitch onto rails. Only allow your wife's cat or annoying lapdog under hitch as you lower it.