cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on the new "Party Sofa"

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious what people think of the Party Sofa vs. the traditional sofa and typical dinette or sofa + table&chairs ?

I'm wondering if the party sofa in a fifth wheel, with a family of 4 (my wife and I + 2 teen daughters) would make more sense than the traditional layout or not.

We currently have a single wide slide with the sofa and dinette in it.

We are interested in getting a 5th wheel and the 376BHOK only has the party sofa in it. It looks nice, but wondering how people like it?

Thanks!
42 REPLIES 42

cwstanley
Explorer
Explorer
My fiver had one by design and during build had it removed for standard couch and freestanding dinette, the two tables have a downfall as well because the post cannot be placed deep enough to really get them stable so they are always wobbly. I love my new Sierra (which originally had that sofa in picture) after re-design but i'm sure there are those that might like the party sofa

2013 F350 Dually,4X4, CC
2017 Laredo 340FL
Wife, son & 3 Brittany Spaniels

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
Once again in the RV world "trendy" overcomes "useful".

Or in other words..."Form follows function."
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once again in the RV world "trendy" overcomes "useful".
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
That thing has "backache" written all over it...and it's UGLY too! :E
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at several FW with the party sofa and we never saw one that would work for us. I know it's all about personal preference, a sofa and a dinet are a lot more functional for us.
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Just AWFUL. I hate it. Would never buy one if that was in it. I lived in one for a week. Could NOT stand it. So uncomfortable to sit on for a few hours at night to watch Television. I would much rather have a couch and two recliners to relax in and put your feet up. And a separate dinette with chairs.

A U shaped couch is for the birds. If you are considering one of those terrible things, stay in it for a minimum of 2 hours. Then report back.

Get a separate dinette that has a table that expands to four or six. If you need more than that go outside on the picnic table.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
ANd I know you can put two tables in front of these extra long 'party' sofas ... so its kind of like a giant dinette. I just wondering if these were more like a sofa (somewhat comfy) or more like a dinette (not terrible comfy?).

DodgeVoltage
Explorer
Explorer
We have one similar and we hate it. The seat is not deep enough. Ours has pillows all around it as back rests. It just has a cheap, cardboard feel to it.

Many have pulled them out and replaced with a normal couch or loveseat with reclining ends or just plain recliners with end tables. I would do that, but then we may not be able to get the table to fit (pedestal table with floor mounting holes like pictured) and have no where to eat except TV trays.

We wish we had the setup from our old 5th wheel back some days- dinette and small couch. Would be much more comfortable.

To each his own I guess.
2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
2009 GMC 2500HD D/A Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen 3795 Voltage Epic Package
2012 Smart Fortwo Passion
2017 Smart Fortwo Proxy
AD USAF 1996-2011 1700+ hrs E-3B/C AWACS
NYANG 2011-Present

K-State Wildcats!

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, thats exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen these as an option on a lot of 5'rs lately and was wondering how you liked it (vs. the traditional).

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Sea Six wrote:
Is this what you're talking about?

Yes, that's what the OP means.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
It's a real personal decision. My floorplan is offered with one and we had no interest in it. I talked to another owner and he was shocked we went with the u-shaped dinette and separate sofa. I'm always a little surprised when people want a regular dinette instead of a u-shape dinette (even at the cost that the u-shaped dinette is bigger). Truthfully, I'd love a stand alone dinette, but wife was deadset against it and we actually needed the extra bed this past trip (we had 10 total in the camper).

SO... it's a "to each his own" kind of thing.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer
Is this what you're talking about?

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer
Pics of Party Sofa? I've never heard of it.