cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Traker or Tire Safeguard?

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to get a tire pressure monitoring system and have narrowed the choices down to Tire Traker and Tire Safeguard but leaning towards Tire Traker. Just checking to see if anyone has had any experience with Tire Safeguard systems. Thanks for any replies.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg
16 REPLIES 16

skijlw
Explorer
Explorer
Might take a look at TireMinder. We have it and it works well.

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend Pressure Pro. They invented the system and provide great customer support.
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Hudsoner wrote:
I am interested in a TST system. They have one called the 507 and another one is 510. What is the difference between the two an which one would be better?
I wrote an email to TST, but they seem not to monitor their email system very well,. because I have not gotten an answer for more than a week now.
The 507 has the flow-through monitors and the 510 has the standard monitor that you remove to add air.

IMO the flow-through monitors are pretty much a pain if you have to add air because they have such a restricted flow. It can take quite a while to add as little as 5 psi to a tire. I have the 507 and when I have to add air, I remove the sensors, so they serve no real purpose for me. If I had to choose, I would go with the 510 system.

The 507 system has flow-thru, non flow-thru, and internal. The batteries are owner replaceable.

The 510 system does not have owner replaceable batteries (5 year life) and is more designed for big rigs.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hudsoner wrote:
I am interested in a TST system. They have one called the 507 and another one is 510. What is the difference between the two an which one would be better?
I wrote an email to TST, but they seem not to monitor their email system very well,. because I have not gotten an answer for more than a week now.
The 507 has the flow-through monitors and the 510 has the standard monitor that you remove to add air.

IMO the flow-through monitors are pretty much a pain if you have to add air because they have such a restricted flow. It can take quite a while to add as little as 5 psi to a tire. I have the 507 and when I have to add air, I remove the sensors, so they serve no real purpose for me. If I had to choose, I would go with the 510 system.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Hudsoner wrote:

Call (as in "phone") them...:S

BTW - you are very patient waiting for something.... when there is no way to tell if it (the e-mail) was ever received.

~

Thanks for he info.
I used to work in a job, at which I had to answer some customer inquiries (in addition to my normal job), and I know that it is not always that easy to drop everything else and answer customer questions immediately!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Hudsoner wrote:

Call (as in "phone") them...:S

BTW - you are very patient waiting for something.... when there is no way to tell if it (the e-mail) was ever received.

~

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer

TopSlink
Explorer
Explorer
I use pressure pro have had it about 10 years great product semi's use them i have them on the trl and dully not cheap batteries good about 6 years before you have to replace them 35.00 each, but worth it

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dave5143 wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
I gave it away and bought a TST system. No problems after about 9 months.

Ken

I have a TST system. I'm not that impressed with it. If you go with TST be prepared to also buy the range extender because the monitor will be constantly losing the signal from the tire transmitters and beeping annoyingly.

40' 5er with a long bed truck and no signal loss problems....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bgely
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the TST after reviewing several models online. I have had it for 4 years and it has worked flawlessly. No problems on connections between the transmitters and monitor. It will alert you when the batteries get low so that you can change them.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Look carefully at all of the brands and how they work and how they program. I suspect you will not be able to tell the difference between them.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
bucky wrote:
That's odd as I have a est cab long bed and a very long 5er and have had no problems with my TST monitors.
Their customer service is even better. Ask anybody.
Don't be so sure you don't have a problem occasionally. If you lose contact with a sensor it can take up to an hour before it alerts you to the fact. So if you lose contact for 45 minutes but it reconnects, it won't alert you and you'll never know it. It can happen multiple times and you can be totally unaware of the problem, but you're unprotected when it occurs. It's about the only drawback to the TST system.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's odd as I have a est cab long bed and a very long 5er and have had no problems with my TST monitors.
Their customer service is even better. Ask anybody.
Puma 30RKSS

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
I gave it away and bought a TST system. No problems after about 9 months.

Ken

I have a TST system. I'm not that impressed with it. If you go with TST be prepared to also buy the range extender because the monitor will be constantly losing the signal from the tire transmitters and beeping annoyingly.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel