cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TireMinder Booster Installation Location

cgaskins
Explorer
Explorer
I have purchased the TireMinder TPMS system for my 5er. I also purchased the TireMinder Hardwired Booster since my trailer is 40 feet long.

http://minderresearch.com/catalog/i7.html

I would like to mount the booster in the front storage compartment of the Montana but I don't want to attach it directly to the batteries. I would like to attach it to the trailer wiring so that when I turn off power from the batteries, the booster is turned off as well. Any suggestions on where to tap into the 12volt power to accomplish this?

Regards,
Chris
A resident of the great city of Austin, Texas
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate (6.7 Powerstroke)
9 REPLIES 9

cgaskins
Explorer
Explorer
Esacnj wrote:
I have TireTraker and wired booster to compartment interior light to line side of light switch.

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing....

tnd2
Explorer
Explorer
I have been wondering about getting a TPM setup for the TH, and not sure wither to get the booster or if I would even need it considering the axles are mid ship. I was thinking the cab of the truck could reduce the signal, but had not thought about the sender batteries being less than 100% becoming an issue.

So with a couple good suggestions to mounting for the booster, why not just go ahead and add that to be sure all the time?

Anybody care to add if they believe mounting the booster closer to the axles would be better than in the pin box?
2012 Dutchman Voltage 3905
2004 Dodge 3500 DRW Crew Cab 8' bed 4x4 w/Cummins & built auto trans
Reese 22K Hitch
Prodigy P3 brake control

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
I have TireTraker and wired booster to compartment interior light to line side of light switch.
Esacnj

cgaskins
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys!

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
I have run my 40ft without the need of the booster. But I suppose if the OP already bought it, might as well install it.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
lee worsdell wrote:
do you need it ,thought it would go a little further than 40ft.if so I have just ordered it for my new trailer that I pick up on wed. ITs a 40ft also

Mine worked fine for the first month when the batteries were new and then started skipping some wheels. Now with the repeater everything works again. So yes I needed it.
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
do you need it ,thought it would go a little further than 40ft.if so I have just ordered it for my new trailer that I pick up on wed. ITs a 40ft also

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted mine to the pin box and wired it to the power lines to break away system. It works great.

Happy Camping

Dan & Janice
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
If you travel with running lights on as I do, you could tap into them.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work