cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires- 3500 dodge truck

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
What's everyone's opinion on their choice for the best tire for the truck???
28 REPLIES 28

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Macrosill wrote:
I went with Firestone Transforce HT on my dually motorhome I used to have. I plan on Firestone Transforce HT on my Dually F350 next year when I replace all six tires.

Just to be clear I vote Firestone Tansforce HT.

This is provided you want highway tires as opposed to All Terrain or Off Road tires.

Thanks for sharing your information. I am impressed with Firestone and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

You may be impressed with G rated tires , but not aware of a G rated Firestone Transforce ,yes goodyear ,but not firestone. run what you want ,but you will not be impressed with an E rated Firestone Transforce tire on a 3500 Ram towing a fifth wheel, I know they came on my new 2014 Ram 3500

Well documented the Firestone Transforce is a terrible tire for wear on the 3500 Ram diesels. There are much better tires out there then the Transforce

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Bob O wrote:
Firestone TransForce here. Also have them on my 5th wheel. Very pleased with them. 72,000 on my first set on the truck.

Your experience gives me confidence that I made the right choice. I had 4 new Firestones TF put on after a blow out. I normally had been running the Good Year G rated tire with great success. The rest of the tires were the same age so I ask the dealer to put a new set on but all he had was Firestone TF. So far, I am really impressed with the Firestone TF tires and am considering putting them on my 5th. wheel after all the positive reports from other RVers.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
up2nogood wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:
I am looking seriously at these when replacement time comes, always had good results with Toyo Toyo

Toyo's are NOT the tire they used to be. A lot of them are made in China.

2011 RAM Dually 40K on these MS2's in pics.

Removed the NEXEN's at 200 miles on the 15 RAM Dually with the MS2's.

Toyo's are made in Japan, USA & China just say where you want your's to be made, if the dealer cannot accommodate then go elsewhere; Please update yourself I have read your misinfo before about Toyo's being made in China only.

Thats typical ,no research just blank statements

I presently have the Firestone Transforce Ht's on my 2014 Ram 3500 now just over 13K on them , and will be happy to get 20-25 K out of them . Been rotated twice, and will do again in another 2K.

IMO they are a lousy tire, may have been a decent tire as some point, but on the new Rams they are wearing out pretty fast . If anyone or the OP has any doubt about how ****py the Firestone Transforce tire is , just get on the Cummins forum, and read away, and I belong to that crowd.

My next tire will be one of the two, either Toyo AT II or the Cooper AT3, no more firestones for this guy, one set of those is enough.

On my 11 Dually it came with POS Generals. 25K 2/3 worn and a big tread separation. So on went the MS2's in pic.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Garry&Gayle wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:
I am looking seriously at these when replacement time comes, always had good results with Toyo Toyo

Toyo's are made in Japan, USA & China just say where you want your's to be made, if the dealer cannot accommodate then go elsewhere; Please update yourself I have read your misinfo before about Toyo's being made in China only.

"A lot of them are made in China" Does "A lot" mean the same to you as "only" ??????

So who is "misinfo" here???????
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Garry&Gayle wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:

Thats typical ,no research just blank statements

I presently have the Firestone Transforce Ht's on my 2014 Ram 3500 now just over 13K on them , and will be happy to get 20-25 K out of them . Been rotated twice, and will do again in another 2K.

IMO they are a lousy tire, may have been a decent tire as some point, but on the new Rams they are wearing out pretty fast . If anyone or the OP has any doubt about how ****py the Firestone Transforce tire is , just get on the Cummins forum, and read away, and I belong to that crowd.

My next tire will be one of the two, either Toyo AT II or the Cooper AT3, no more firestones for this guy, one set of those is enough.

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dave2001 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:

Guess I got cheated. My Toyo H/Ts are made in Japan not China.

Well I agree with Cummins on this, I put a set of Michelin MS/2+ on our 01, way better than the Toyo's that came off, even when they were new with extra siping!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dave2001
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:

Guess I got cheated. My Toyo H/Ts are made in Japan not China.
2005 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 32SKD
2001 Dodge 2500 Quad cab, 4x4, HO, 6spd, 4:10

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Macrosill wrote:
I went with Firestone Transforce HT on my dually motorhome I used to have. I plan on Firestone Transforce HT on my Dually F350 next year when I replace all six tires.

Just to be clear I vote Firestone Tansforce HT.

This is provided you want highway tires as opposed to All Terrain or Off Road tires.

Thanks for sharing your information. I am impressed with Firestone and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Garry&Gayle wrote:

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of months ago I finally replaced the tires on my '96 Dodge dually..yes, that's right, they were the original tires with just over 25000 miles(as you can see, I don't use the truck much)...anyways, I purchased 7 new Yohohama Geolander's from America's Tire Warehouse....paid just over 900.00(952.00, I think) ...somehow I got lucky before the price increase, Yay for me.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our '03 Dodge dually 2 WD came with Goodyear Wrangler SRA something from the factory. Got 67,000 miles without trying. Went back with the same tire for replacement. Worked to get 45,000. Then went to Firestone TransForce HT, again got 47,000. Replaced them with Michelin LTX MS2,looking for wear, ha, ha, and they are down to 7/32nds at 30,200 miles on them. Very poor wear. And I sure paid a whole lot less for the Firestones. I never have had problems with any kind coming apart, etc. I'm looking for mileage which of course is not in the manufactures best interest! And this is with about the same amount of towing, running empty, and about the same roads from year to year. No alignment problems etc. they just plain wear out! Good luck with whatever brand you end up with.

Bob_O
Explorer
Explorer
Firestone TransForce here. Also have them on my 5th wheel. Very pleased with them. 72,000 on my first set on the truck.
Bob
1998 Dodge 2500 Cummins QuadCab
2009 Montana Big Sky