cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tires and wheels

jay5er
Explorer
Explorer
Ok sports fans-I have a 2010 Crossroads Cruiser C30SK Patriot---with ST235/80R16 Trail Express tires---mounted on 16" cast aluminun wheels.
I can get the tires but they are mounted on the wrong wheel. I can find the wheel but it has the wront tire. Anybody have any thoughts. I contacted Crossroads, they just blew me off.
12 REPLIES 12

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
I found a wheel just like the ones on my trailer on e-bay - - $250.00 less than the dealer wanted to charge me. I changed out the spare steel wheel with an aluminum one.

I still have the steel wheel.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Go to "Trailertiresandwheels" web site. You can find a picture of most any rim made.

What ever you buy, make sure it has a 0 offset.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
jay5er wrote:
I left home on a short 300 mile trip, when I left I had 4 tires and wheels, when I arrived at my destination I only had 3. Right front (door side) was missing. All tires and wheels were checked at every stop so it had to come off fairly late in the trip. No noise no, no warning and NO other damage.

Ok, that makes sense. Contact Crossroads or HWH about the rim. They still use the same design from what a quick scan showed. At least my 2013 and the old 2011 used the same ones.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jay5er wrote:
To answer me again, all 6 studs were sheard off flush to the drum and hub. The people that rebuilt the drum and hub for me thought I may have unknowingly interupted a theif that had just loosened the wheel

NO, someone over tighten the lug nuts and damaged the studs. I would be concerned about the other three wheels repeating the problem in the future! You should at least have the others inspected for signs of damage, if not replaced. Had someone recently used an impact driver/air wrench on the studs?

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

jay5er
Explorer
Explorer
To answer me again, all 6 studs were sheard off flush to the drum and hub. The people that rebuilt the drum and hub for me thought I may have unknowingly interupted a theif that had just loosened the wheel

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Check these places,

Johnson's RV Surplus, White Pigeon, MI
http://www.trailerrvparts.com/

When I got my axles replaced for a recall, I went to Johnson's and got backer plates, brakes, bearings, hubs, seals and lug nuts so everything would be new.

White Pigeon, MI
surplus@bontragers.com

You never know what these places will have on hand. You may as well buy two so you'll have a spare.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jay5er wrote:
I left home on a short 300 mile trip, when I left I had 4 tires and wheels, when I arrived at my destination I only had 3. Right front (door side) was missing. All tires and wheels were checked at every stop so it had to come off fairly late in the trip. No noise no, no warning and NO other damage.

A high percentage of trailer wheels come from this company.

http://www.hispecwheel.com/

Are the lug studs broke off? You need to replace the other tire on that side also, as it was extremely overloaded for who knows how long.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
jay5er wrote:

lost wheel too?
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

hoopers
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to me last year. Temporarily, I had to buy a cheap steel wheel, since the aluminum wheel had to be ordered. I think the cheap steel wheel was like 40 bucks??
2014 Winnebego Vista 30T
2017 Ford Expedition
Texas gulf coast, Colorado, or on the road camping somewhere

jay5er
Explorer
Explorer

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
jay5er wrote:
Ok sports fans-I have a 2010 Crossroads Cruiser C30SK Patriot---with ST235/80R16 Trail Express tires---mounted on 16" cast aluminun wheels.
I can get the tires but they are mounted on the wrong wheel. I can find the wheel but it has the wront tire. Anybody have any thoughts. I contacted Crossroads, they just blew me off.

What are you trying to do? Your post made no sense. If I buy tires they don't come on a wheel, conversely for wheels, no tires.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jay5er wrote:

Want is wrong with the wheels you have????????? Put some LT235/85R16E's on it and going camping if you have 6K axles and at least 33" center to center of the axles. Or LT245/75R16E's.

Chris