cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

to the guy I saw on the 101 with the Ford 350 SD...

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy Rv'ing.
2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat
35 REPLIES 35

robrose1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see this all the time on I8 with guys heading to Imperial Sand Dunes. Truck loaded to max and toy hauler dragging the front.
Rob and Rose
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 29FWRLS
2006 GMC DURAMAX/ALLISON

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
psford wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
I have found in my travels when I attempt to HELP someone out regarding RV'ing.......

Bottom line is when people are stupid enough to be driving an unsafe RV set up,
they are going to be 'just' as stupid if you try to talk to them about it.

And you are out what if you try to give some advice :@ Just maybe they did not realize the problem. Not all of us got instantly smart on this RV thing.

Don't get me wrong I offer help all the time when it looks like a fellow RV'er wants or needs it.

But 'some' do get up all over you. And sadly those are usually the ones where it's regarding having a too large RV for the TV. I stay away from that situation like the plague.:C

I think they know it, they get it they made a mistake in their purchase, they are stuck with it, and have s strong urge to defend it! They don't need anyone pointing it out to them again and again. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

psford
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I have found in my travels when I attempt to HELP someone out regarding RV'ing.......

And you are out what if you try to give some advice :@ Just maybe they did not realize the problem. Not all of us got instantly smart on this RV thing.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
My motto is "try not to be a guy with a motto".

psford
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
psford wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
cdlaine wrote:
You're right. I'm in the wrong. I'll remove the post ...if I knew how.

Charles

Yeah - *nobody* ever vents or posts rants on here, ROTFL

But - you just go back and edit it down to nothing but a dot, or say "deleted - 'cause newbie 'psford' wasn't happy"..:R

Then just - all the replies remain..:B

~

No ,psford is not a newbie, and no psford was not unhappy. What psford was ,was curious that MAYBE some attempt could of been made to alert the guy .

I fail to see the point in this thread other then complaining about an unsafe motorist, we see them everyday . The least that IMHO should of been done was motioning to him in some way, maybe a quick hand signal or pointing back to the trailer, anything would of been better then nothing.

Well psford......

The forum is here and posters can post whatever they like within the rules.
Posts can be "observations" and (what some may consider) - pointless.

No "rule" against venting, ranting or posting observations - that I know of.

No "rule" against (happily) offering what *you* may consider sage advice/suggestions, even if it's (your) post #71.
Those may be as pointless also.
Ditto this rebuttal.

Likewise, no vehicle codes (rules) that I know of - requiring motorists to become junior LEOs if they suspect an infraction.
(Doesn't read like the guy was a drunk driver)

Report him?
Consider the possibility "cdlaine" might be over-reacting, and a LEO might see it as "no problem".
Chippys *are* busy folks!
But - OK the guy pulls over - looks at his set-up, sees nothing wrong, and continues as before.
Is *he* happy or PO'd.?

Do Something!
Think twice about *who* you alert to what you perceive as poor driving habits.
The "hand signal" may get another back - or worse.
The 3 R's = Road Rage is Real.

Bottom line:
Is it cdlaine's "civic duty" or being a Good Samaritan to report or "signal" the driver?.:@

That's his decision, he was there - not you (or me) !!..:S

~

Well Old Bomber, heres the deal, if we had just a little more good samaritans, or some more sense of civic duty, just maybe some of our social ills would improve some.

You totally have missed the point, which is not surprising. NOTHING was done on this post other then complaining , whats the point. Sure I wasn't there, would I have done the same, I can say for myself, no I would not, thats me . You can speculate all you want on your reaction, I don't have to , been there done that. Something on my part would of been done, if I got results fine, if not I tried.

Seems to be our motto these days, don't get involved !!!!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
psford wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
cdlaine wrote:

Charles

But - you just go back and edit it down to nothing but a dot, or say "deleted - 'cause newbie 'psford' wasn't happy"..:R

~

No ,psford is not a newbie, and no psford was not unhappy. What psford was ,was curious that MAYBE some attempt could of been made to alert the guy .

I fail to see the point in this thread other then complaining about an unsafe motorist, we see them everyday . The least that IMHO should of been done was motioning to him in some way, maybe a quick hand signal or pointing back to the trailer, anything would of been better then nothing.

Well psford......

The forum is here and posters can post whatever they like within the rules.
Posts can be "observations" and (what some may consider) - pointless.

No "rule" against venting, ranting or posting observations - that I know of.

No "rule" against (happily) offering what *you* may consider sage advice/suggestions, even if it's (your) post #71.
Those may be as pointless also.
Ditto this rebuttal.

Likewise, no vehicle codes (rules) that I know of - requiring motorists to become junior LEOs if they suspect an infraction.
(Doesn't read like the guy was a drunk driver)

Report him?
Consider the possibility "cdlaine" might be over-reacting, and a LEO might see it as "no problem".
Chippys *are* busy folks!
But - OK the guy pulls over - looks at his set-up, sees nothing wrong, and continues as before.
Is *he* happy or PO'd.?

Do Something!
Think twice about *who* you alert to what you perceive as poor driving habits.
The "hand signal" may get another back - or worse.
The 3 R's = Road Rage is Real.

Bottom line:
Is it cdlaine's "civic duty" or being a Good Samaritan to report or "signal" the driver?.:@

That's his decision, he was there - not you (or me) !!..:S

~

psford
Explorer
Explorer
cdlaine wrote:
Don't know what else I can type PsFord. I am not a
Law Enforcement Officer. The drivers set-up and rig
indicate he was not a new-bee. Isn't my choosing not
to get involved my right ??? As to sharing the
observation on this RV forum... Maybe wrong, but I
thought that is the purpose of the forum ??? I will
try to curb my topic contributions in the future, and
run them by bride to see if she thinks they are share
worthy. Thanks for the insights... enjoy RV'ing.

Charles

There is really nothing you can say, but I just felt like there was something that could of been done. I agree with others ,I wasn't there, so in your defense ,maybe you did the right thing. I will leave that up to you to consider at this point.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy Rv'ing.
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Watched this guy load, break the bolts on the left side of his step bumper, and I stood by with a cup of coffee.

Then I watched him load his wife and 3 kids in the trailer, and I couldn't take it. I stopped it with some help from the Ranger. Thinking back, I never should have waited that long. I should had stepped up when I heard him break his bumper.

In as much as you feel like you did the right thing, you also can't shake the feeling you stepped out of bounds maybe. Just a feeling you can't shake. Sometimes its easy for folks to yammer about what they would have done, especially when it wasn't them that was there ๐Ÿ˜„

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

psford
Explorer
Explorer
Toolguy5 wrote:
Who knows if you tried to wave him down, he might of sped up and made things worse as well.

I see nothing wrong with what you did.

Yup, thats the old attitude, whatever you do don't get involved.

I see plenty wrong on both parts, but I sure seem to be the only one ,scary.

He might of done a lot of things, sped up, flipped me off, whatever, but he might of just checked out the problem or asked someone to follow him, lots of things, but doing nothing about it we will never know.

psford
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
cdlaine wrote:

Charles

~

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy Rv'ing.
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#