Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TOLL ALERT!!!

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

If you are pulling a trailer, stay off the new 470 loop around Denver. I pulled my 20' toy hauler, for 40 miles around the loop in August, and I received a bill today for $54. Yikes!!!! I think next year I'll go to the mountains from Illinois, through Texas.
28 REPLIES 28

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
excellent

Yes, it is excellent! My statement about freeloading pot heads is a joke. However, you'd think with that kind of revenue, there'd be no tolls.

My son refers to Denver as Menver. He claims single men out number single women in Denver since legal MJ.

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
Jim@HiTek wrote:
Wow. I passed through there back in May this year and none of the toll booth information signs were on at any exit, and I was never directed into a toll booth as I traveled around the loop.

I figured they hadn't started collecting yet? It is a nice road, but a bit far from the city in my mind, mainly because I've never been to Denver and wanted to get a better peek at the skyline, but the loop is too far away.

But...question to the OP. Did the reader boards give you any idea that the entire loop route would end up costing that much? I went for miles on that loop before I found any signs indicating I was even ON a toll road, much less how much it was going to be.

I thought the same thing. The agent told me they took out the toll booths about 10 years ago, and went to license plate photo system. You may not have received a bill if your vehicle registration is at a different address. I wish I had moved.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
The people who participate in the freedom of using mj instead of alcohol aren't the problem, they are more of a benefit.

Additional government costs are more likely to be from increased homeless. It's now been decriminalized to poop or urinate on city streets and campout on private property. Environmental extremist regulations are also driving costs up along with high priced glorious government buildings and projects.

They can want everything in the world but someone has to pay. The homeless or low income aren't in the categories of those who will pay, it's the ones who work and travel through the area that will foot the bill.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. I passed through there back in May this year and none of the toll booth information signs were on at any exit, and I was never directed into a toll booth as I traveled around the loop.

I figured they hadn't started collecting yet? It is a nice road, but a bit far from the city in my mind, mainly because I've never been to Denver and wanted to get a better peek at the skyline, but the loop is too far away.

But...question to the OP. Did the reader boards give you any idea that the entire loop route would end up costing that much? I went for miles on that loop before I found any signs indicating I was even ON a toll road, much less how much it was going to be.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
excellent
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
10drum wrote:
I guess they need revenue to help offset the influx of freeloading pot heads.
Oh yes, it must be those darn potheads.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
10drum wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Yeah but I bet it was a stress- and traffic-free trip.

Yes, it was. I went that way because it was rush hour. I wondered, where is the traffic? Then I received the bill, Oh! that's why there was no traffic. I called them to ask if there was a mistake, there wasn't, then I ask the agent, if it was ok to pull up my pants?

Just an FYI: Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Yes, it was. I went that way because it was rush hour. I wondered, where is the traffic? Then I received the bill, Oh! that's why there was no traffic. I called them to ask if there was a mistake, there wasn't, then I ask the agent, if it was ok to pull up my pants?

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Colo Native wrote:
10drum wrote:
Greetings,

If you are pulling a trailer, stay off the new 470 loop around Denver. I pulled my 20' toy hauler, for 40 miles around the loop in August, and I received a bill today for $54. Yikes!!!! I think next year I'll go to the mountains from Illinois, through Texas.

They charge by axles it is a privately run highway and it is only E470 not C470 a transponder saves some but I never take the TT on there because of the cost, rather drive extra miles to say money.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
10drum wrote:
Greetings,

They charge by axles it is a privately run highway and it is only E470 not C470 a transponder saves some but I never take the TT on there because of the cost, rather drive extra miles to say money.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's not a state highway (no funds available) and one of the most expensive toll roads in the country. Those with a transponder get a reduced rate.

I avoid tolls when possible. But it's nearly impossible in the SF bay area to avoid bridge tolls.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What's the issue? Didn't research the cost before hand, or something else?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
It's only going to get worse as everyone is upping tools to cover increased expenses.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB