cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Torqlift revolution

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
2 days ago I install the new steps Torqflex revolution on my 5th.What a big difference in the way to walk on them.Before when I step on them it fill soft and unsecured now with the new steps I can jump on them and it don't move at all ,what a improvement.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
20 REPLIES 20

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Wow, that sucker is up in the air a ways. Basically 5 steps to the ground, a pretty good distance. "

I had 3" risers added at MORryde that really made it a disaster waiting to happen if i did not add the bottom step stool.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Last step is a little high on the MS.. Ron has a good fix. I like the Torklift steps with 5 steps because from top to bottom, or vice versa , all steps at decent height.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I I were to pick ONE I would get what you have JIM, NOT a fan of the MORryde setup. I am fine with this simple mod tho.

Wow, that sucker is up in the air a ways. Basically 5 steps to the ground, a pretty good distance.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
NC Hauler wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
A simple drop down support on the OEM steps will work very similarly without a huge expenditure of green stuff.

I changed out my OEM three step to a QuadraStep 4 step. Makes getting in so much easier. These tall trailers need 4 steps as OEM. Peggy didn't think they would make that much difference...until the first time she used them, instant convert.

A little more to it than that. Once installed you can adjust top step height to where itโ€™s easier to step in or out of the RV. It does have adjustable bottom leg supports that allow stability and adjust for uneven terrain. All aluminum and a quality built product.

Jim

I I were to pick ONE I would get what you have JIM, NOT a fan of the MORryde setup. I am fine with this simple mod tho.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
Got rid of the OEM steps on our MS. High first step. Wife had a hip replacement and Iโ€™d had a stroke with weak left leg. Installed the 5 Step Revolution Glow steps a little over a year ago. We love them. No issues. Adjustable step into the 5er on the top step and bottom step legs for stabilization. They also work great for our dog... Well worth it and Iโ€™d highly recommend them.

Jim

You sound just like my wife and I. She has knee issues and I have suffered several strokes that has left my left side weak.

I would order these in a flash except at $586 plus finding someone to install is a little out of my reach right now on disability income.

Was wondering if there were any similar steps that maybe didn't cost so much? Looked at the Morryde there at $365 at Camping World plus $85 freight shipping and they don't seem as adjustable.
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
NC Hauler wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
A simple drop down support on the OEM steps will work very similarly without a huge expenditure of green stuff.

I changed out my OEM three step to a QuadraStep 4 step. Makes getting in so much easier. These tall trailers need 4 steps as OEM. Peggy didn't think they would make that much difference...until the first time she used them, instant convert.

A little more to it than that. Once installed you can adjust top step height to where itโ€™s easier to step in or out of the RV. It does have adjustable bottom leg supports that allow stability and adjust for uneven terrain. All aluminum and a quality built product.

Jim
The OP's first post was how solid the steps felt, and I was commenting on that post only.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Got rid of the OEM steps on our MS. High first step. Wife had a hip replacement and Iโ€™d had a stroke with weak left leg. Installed the 5 Step Revolution Glow steps a little over a year ago. We love them. No issues. Adjustable step into the 5er on the top step and bottom step legs for stabilization. They also work great for our dog... Well worth it and Iโ€™d highly recommend them.

Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
GHop wrote:
Changed out our OEM steps to the MorRyde Step Above and love them. Not one problem at rest area's or rv parks.

Sounds like you won't be lifting to store if someone parks close to you as was just mentioned.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I debated long on the MorRyde and Torklift steps with a concern to access of installing the MorRydes when you canโ€™t extend them. Last summer we were in a site that was very narrow and I doubt the MorRydes would have worked. It sold me on the Torklifts which I installed. A month ago where we store the fifth wheel, the boat in the space next to us was parked just on the other side of the space line which impeded fulling extending the Torklifts. No problem, I could pulled them as far as possible and set them up, then safely went about getting in and out. We wanted to go from a 3 Step to 4 when changing the steps and have a more solid step. Iโ€™m doubtful a OEM type of 4 Step unit would fulling extend with the boat so close next to us.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Changed out our OEM steps to the MorRyde Step Above and love them. Not one problem at rest area's or rv parks.
G.H.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
pcm1959 wrote:
I loved it (just kidding but it was funny) when I say a couple at a rest stop with the Mor Ryde solid steps out for a rest break. A moving truck semi came in beside them. They could not put the steps in due to the clearance needed.
I'm passing on those, too.
They should make them with a split in them similar to pull-down attic stairs then tight spots (including storage areas) may not be as problematic. But then I guess they probably would be as stable or light.
I've looked at the solid steps at the RV shows and they simply wouldn't work for us when the trailer is in storage. The trailers are close enough there wouldn't be enough room to lower the steps. They look like a good idea, but I'm not sure the execution will work at all times.

I have my 5th wheel in a storage bldg and the More Ryde would not have allowed me to put the steps out while in the bldg. but the Revolution telescopes and gives me access even when I am not centered in the bldg....

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
pcm1959 wrote:
I loved it (just kidding but it was funny) when I say a couple at a rest stop with the Mor Ryde solid steps out for a rest break. A moving truck semi came in beside them. They could not put the steps in due to the clearance needed.
They should make them with a split in them similar to pull-down attic stairs then tight spots (including storage areas) may not be as problematic. But then I guess they probably would be as stable or light.
I've looked at the solid steps at the RV shows and they simply wouldn't work for us when the trailer is in storage. The trailers are close enough there wouldn't be enough room to lower the steps. They look like a good idea, but I'm not sure the execution will work at all times.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL