cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

toy hauler FAQ's

Jarand
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering downsizing from our Montana 5th wheel to a toy hauler, thinking it will be suitable for several families to use. We wondered what are the things we really should watch for?

Desires:
~Pull trailer, not 5th wheel (flexibility for multiple families)
~Hauls two ATV's (Honda 680's)
~We're thinking we don't like the floor plans with the wall dividing the living space from the cargo space
~Flexibility; ability to sleep 6-8 with at least one comfortable permanent bed
~30' or so in length

What should we watch for? Advice appreciated! Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
I like that setup! It looks like it has queen size that comes down on the tracks by the garage door. That is awesome.. wishing I would have went that way now!
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
For what itโ€™s worth, we love our Jayco Octane. 24โ€™, sleeps 8 easy, we did the โ€œSuper Seatingโ€ option that allows seating for 8-9 around the kitchen table, 2 electric beds in the garage and a built in bug screen for when the garage door is open. I did not want to give up my PU Bed, so bumper pull was our option. The TH is 8โ€™6โ€ wide, which is good for the interior space, but I notice the extra width during towing and we are 12โ€™6โ€ high at the AC. We like having the โ€œgarageโ€ as usable space when we are not hauling our toys, anyway, just a few photos of our rig. JH

Moderators Edit: Adjusted photo width to 640 pixels per the forum guidelines. The Photo FAQ's has help & tips for posting photos.