cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

toy hauler Tie downs

classic_hd
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 5th wheel Nitro toy hauler on order and its lackind in the number of tiedowns needed for 2 atvs. Has anyone added etrack or macs VersaTie Track?? I dont want to put big holes in it to add more recessed tie downs. The garage will also be used as living space so as neat as install is needed. I will have the carpet to put down to cover it up but of course will still feel them when walking on it. any pics is also helpfull.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Your tie downs should focus on keeping things from accelerating forward (under heavy breaking conditions or accident) With that said you really only need tie downs located BEHIND the load. Tie downs in front aren't going to do much for you since the trailer is not going to accelerate in the forward direction
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

LKHA
Explorer
Explorer
Have you simulated lay out. If parking side by side you might be suprized you are not first wanting to do two
1st: 1981 29' Chieftain
2nd: 1988 29' Travelmaster
3rd: 1990 35' HR Alumalite.
4th; 1999 35' Windsong by Forest River
Current;2015 fuzion 403 Chrome
08 3500 DRW Silverado duramax

RET US ARMY

classic_hd
Explorer
Explorer
I jipust thought about the tie downs so it's to late to see if it can be done at the factory. The only negative I see with adding d rings is it seems they are never where you need them. Or not enough. That's rather reason I'm thinking e track. I might buy some for my are other trailer and just lay them in to see how I like it.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
You only need two of these one in front and one in the back of the opposite tire.

http://www.harborfreight.com/over-the-wheel-tie-down-bonnet-97230.html
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I had my dealer install more D-rings before I picked up my last two toy haulers. They have the equipment to do so and with all our quad hauling to races, they always performed perfectly.

RickSo
Explorer
Explorer
I bolted down this L-track to tie down our Smart Car or SxS. There are lots of different accessories to snap into the L-track.It worked out really well and just throw the factory carpet over it when using the back.
Rick
----------------------------------------
2015 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, 500/1850
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually
2012 Excel W41GKE Wild Cargo Toy Hauler
2010 BMW K1300GT / 2008 BMW R1200GS
2016 Polaris RZR 1000S

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
If the trailer is on order being built cant you request more tie downs installed?
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

classic_hd
Explorer
Explorer
the existing recessed d rings have 1 in each rear corner. then 1 in the middle rear a couple feet from the rear and 3 across the front. its a 12Ft garage. Do you have any pics L trip of yours. My wife has trouble visualizing things. I just want to do it right the first time.

Ltrip
Explorer
Explorer
I have etrack in my toyhauler. Mine is a 10' garage. I put a strip down the middle, and down each side. I think it works great!
Try to find the thickness of your floor. Probably 3/4" or 1". Then buy a BUNCH of lag screws that are that thichness or slightly less. I put in a lag screw every other hole on the etrack.
Cheers,
Larie Trippet Reno/Tahoe region
2018 Ford F250 Lariat Ultimate CC SB 4X4 diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
2019 BMW R1250RT

Bedlam
I have e-track everywhere in my enclosed trailer, but I would be more weary of where I mounted it in a toy hauler due to all of the holding tanks, pipes and wiring on the under side. The e-track does sit up from the floor surface and creates a trip hazard for anyone that does not pick up their feet. If you wanted to recess the track, it is much more work than just mounting it to the surface. I chose e-track because I haul different vehicles in my trailer and fixed mounting locations would have always been a compromise of where I tie down or position. If you know what you are carrying will not change, recessed d-rings are a cleaner design and less work.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Y-Guy
Where are your tie downs located now? Near the front or rear?
We ran some e-track at the rear of our hauler. They sell strips that are called vertical e-track. Depending on where your others are located this might work as it keeps it out of foot traffic.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon