cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trade In?

BiggYella
Explorer
Explorer
So I got a quote on a trade in just based on the RV, not on things like the TVs. The trade in has fewer TVs than I have. Am I under any obligation, since they didn't ask about TVs, to leave my TVs in the rig when we trade in?

Again, they didn't ask when they gave me the quote, just about the size, if anyone has smoked, etc.

Thoughts?
2015 Cougar 330RBK
2006 Dodge Ram Megacab, 5.9 Diesel
SmartyJr
18 REPLIES 18

BiggYella
Explorer
Explorer
LOO. Yup. Can I change the title of the discussion to resolved?
2015 Cougar 330RBK
SmartyJr

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
BiggYella wrote:
Looks like we won't trade in after all... DW decided we'd be losing too much trailer.

So. I have to say, I'm a little relieved. I didn't really care about the TVs, but DW did. I did care about the comfort, the auto leveling that comes in our 5er versus the electronic stabilizers that were in the other one... it's the creature comforts, you know?

He's relieved.

Posters (me too) can now be "relieved" of the need to reply..:C

Maybe the Mod can help with that, LOL!

~

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
BiggYella wrote:
So I got a quote on a trade in just based on the RV, not on things like the TVs. The trade in has fewer TVs than I have. Am I under any obligation, since they didn't ask about TVs, to leave my TVs in the rig when we trade in?

Again, they didn't ask when they gave me the quote, just about the size, if anyone has smoked, etc.

Thoughts?

I think what you should do is look at the spec of your trailer NEW.. whatever it was advertised to have is what they are expecting . .

The post before yours he said they are not trading now.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

BiggYella wrote:

Thoughts?

I think what you should do is look at the spec of your trailer NEW.. whatever it was advertised to have is what they are expecting . .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BiggYella
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like we won't trade in after all... DW decided we'd be losing too much trailer.

So. I have to say, I'm a little relieved. I didn't really care about the TVs, but DW did. I did care about the comfort, the auto leveling that comes in our 5er versus the electronic stabilizers that were in the other one... it's the creature comforts, you know?
2015 Cougar 330RBK
SmartyJr

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
mountainsam wrote:
Our 5er can accommodate 4 tv's. When I trade I will include the larger one in the living room and the tv out doors and 2 in the bedrooms I will take with me for the new rv. I really doubt there will be an issue. However, when I think about it our outings might be a lot more fun without any!!

I think it is more fun without tv, we have one but very rarely use it.

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5er can accommodate 4 tv's. When I trade I will include the larger one in the living room and the tv out doors and 2 in the bedrooms I will take with me for the new rv. I really doubt there will be an issue. However, when I think about it our outings might be a lot more fun without any!!
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
On our trade sheet, we had to list anything that came with trade. It asked how many tvs etc. If I wanted to keep it, I wouldn't list it. If it didn't ask about it and wasn't standard equipment or permanently attached, it wasn't included in what they were offering me for trade.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I negotiated my trade in value over the phone and emails. All they asked about is the TT itself. Nothing about amenities and accessories. I removed the TV's and various gear I had collected. This is the 3rd trailer I've traded in over the years. Not once has anyone even looked at them once I arrived. Since they will not base the trade value on these items I tend to remove them.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I traded my TT 3 years ago, I asked my dealer about things I added if I could take them. Seeing how they sold me the TT they said if it was not there when I purchased they did not care if I removed them. Their comment was I bought the items after wards from them, so they would have the opportunity to sell more items.

So I would say if you added them afterwards take them. But if they where replacements I would say they have to stay.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
That would be like the the dealer taking the tires off the rv you are buying because you didn't ask if the tires were included, unless you said "I'm keeping the bigger tv when trading" when they were going to give you a trade in price.

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
As the other poster said TV's are so cheap its no big deal either way. If it leaves a noticeable spot that looks like someone took a built in out then I just think its kind of silly to take them out. What if you want to trade in with them again.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
The trade probably has old outdated TVs. If you need them, keep them. If you keep them you may end up buying the dealer new TVs for your trade in. Does the new RV have TVs? I would just get new TVs if I needed them. TVs keep getting better & cheaper with more features.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
I would think things like a TV, sinks and toilet would be expected (just to name a few).

We just traded our in, and YES we did include the TV.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA