cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailer rental

TreeDee
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully I chose the right category to ask this question. My husband and I are going to travel from Winnemacca NV to Port Angeles WA to pick some things from his parents. We need to rent a utility trailer.
The question is whether to rent it in NV and drive it back or just rent it Washington? Any advice on this matter is appreciated! Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
One way rentals with U-haul always cost more than renting and returning to the same location.

Plug in your options online and you cab see the price difference.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

TreeDee
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your advice. We've decided to rent a 10 ft. truck here in Nevada and just drive it back. My Honda CR-V isn't able to carry such a heavy load pulling a trailer. I feeling a bit more comfortable this way such I don't have any experience driving with a trailer.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
lhenry8113 wrote:
Years ago I did something similar-With a friend drove my F250 from So. Calif. to Md. Bought a good used enclosed trailer from a Dlr there-with a rear ramp and side entrance door-loaded it up with furniture, etc., pulled it back to So Calif. Unloaded it and sold the trailer-within a week-and actually made money on re-selling it.

I’ve done that but selling in WA when I returned. WA has probably the highest prices on trailers short of Alaska so that would be a tough deal to buy one here and not lose money selling it.
OP do you need larger trailer than Uhaul rents? As that is the cheap obvious choice.
If you need something bigger (you said utility trailer but maybe mean a cargo trailer?) may look at renting it locally so you can return it.
I’m not aware of any other 1 way trailer rentals besides Uhaul.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I did something similar-With a friend drove my F250 from So. Calif. to Md. Bought a good used enclosed trailer from a Dlr there-with a rear ramp and side entrance door-loaded it up with furniture, etc., pulled it back to So Calif. Unloaded it and sold the trailer-within a week-and actually made money on re-selling it.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
OC gave you the best advice.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
If I was making that trip, I would reserve one near where you need to pick things up. Might be a one way fee but it sure beats pulling an empty trailer all the way there.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member